Author Topic: California retail stores lock up underwear as Newsom vows crackdown on rampant retail crime surge  (Read 643 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

California retail stores lock up underwear as Newsom vows crackdown on rampant retail crime surge

Target and Walmart stores in the San Francisco Bay Area have reportedly started to lock up underwear and socks

By Kyle Morris FOXBusiness

Two major retailers have begun to lock up undergarments in their California stores amid a surge of retail theft in the state.

Several retail stores from different corners of the country have kept beauty, hygiene, and cleaning products on lockdown in recent years, but the effort to limit the loss of goods to theft is reportedly making its way into the clothing department in some Golden State stores, according to a report from one local outlet.

In an effort to prevent the loss of additional merchandise, some Target and Walmart stores in the San Francisco Bay Area have locked up underwear and socks, frustrating customers who have to wait for assistance to receive their desired undergarments.

Highlighted in a report from NBC Bay Area, the effort has garnered the attention of those who shop at the stores and are inconvenienced by the new method.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/california-retail-stores-lock-underwear-newsom-vows-crackdown-rampant-retail-crime-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Newsom is aware of two things that need to be done to cut crime:

1.  Reduce the number of cops

2.  Not arrest as many perps

////00000////
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, I can understand how the criminal element steals expensive electronics and high dollar ticket items.

But....... underwear, beauty, hygeine, and cleaning products?   That sounds more like the actions desperate people who are massively suffering under a what has become "Calidystopia"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Moved to California category

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wow, I can understand how the criminal element steals expensive electronics and high dollar ticket items.

But....... underwear, beauty, hygeine, and cleaning products?   That sounds more like the actions desperate people who are massively suffering under a what has become "Calidystopia"

The Homeless shitting their pants has lead to stealing Fruit Of The Looms because they locked up yhe TP.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Newsom is aware of two things that need to be done to cut crime:

1.  Reduce the number of cops

2.  Not arrest as many perps

////00000////
If no one reports it, and if no reports are filed, it didn't happen, Right?

Then the lack of statistics is cited to prove crime went down.

In Denver, when weed was legalized, the police stopped responding to property crime complaints unless they were real major events. As a result the stats showed a decrease in crimes such as theft. That statistic was the desired result. Then, crapping in the streets became legal...for illegals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis