Author Topic: NY’s Siena College under fire for inviting California professor who claimed Zionist doctors are thre  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY’s Siena College under fire for inviting California professor who claimed Zionist doctors are threat to US medicine: ‘Unmistakably antisemitic’
By Social Links forCarl Campanile
Published Jan. 10, 2024, 4:46 p.m. ET

Upstate New York’s Siena College nixed plans to let a medical professor speak on campus after facing heat over the invite because of her claims that Zionist doctors could pose a threat to US medicine and public health.

“The presence of Zionism in US medicine should be examined as a structural impediment to health equity,” Dr. Rupa Marya, associate professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, posted on X last week.

“Zionism is a supremacist; racist ideology and we see Zionist doctors justifying the genocide of Palestinians,” she continued.

“How does their outlook/position impact priorities in US medicine?”

Local lawmakers and Jewish civil rights groups slammed the comments as antisemitic and questioned Siena College’s selection of Marya as speaker in a March lecture series.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/10/metro/siena-college-invites-speaker-who-pushed-anti-zionist-conspiracy/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:55:48 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson