Author Topic: Can America Survive This Perversion of Our Justice System?  (Read 296 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can America Survive This Perversion of Our Justice System?
« on: January 14, 2024, 05:30:47 pm »
January 14, 2024
Can America Survive This Perversion of Our Justice System?
By Mary Sholl

Here we are at the beginning of 2024.  Election Day (should there actually be an Election Day) is a little over ten months away, and every day is a new outrage, a new WTF? moment, a new rule or norm shredded by the lunatics of the progressive left.  This is happening to such a degree that the only conclusion to be drawn is that, on the one hand, we have no government anymore — just an amalgam of cowardliness on the part of our elected and appointed officials (especially those of the Republican stripe) — and on the other hand, propagandized lawless provocateurs throwing temper tantrums and committing atrocities against the body politic and its legal system on a daily basis.

Every day, as something else comes to light, I find myself saying, “No.  That can’t be true.”  Yet it is certainly happening.

Today’s spectacle out of Georgia: Fani Willis hired her lover, who has no experience trying felony cases, to be the chief prosecutor in the election case against Donald Trump.  While she was making self-righteous and remarkably stupid pronouncements of her virtue and legal acumen, she was sleeping with Mr. Ward, allegedly her lover, and allowing him to bill the State of Georgia over $650,000.  Among his bills, which she approved, are notations like a claim that he spent 24 hours on one day in November working on the case, requiring him to be paid for every minute of that day by the State.  Seriously?

But as outrageous as this lunacy, this breach of public trust, and this likely felonious behavior are, it all pales in comparison to the clown show of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals hearing of today in the Trump immunity case.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/01/can_america_survive_this_perversion_of_our_justice_system.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Can America Survive This Perversion of Our Justice System?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 09:42:24 pm »
No.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Can America Survive This Perversion of Our Justice System?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 11:42:51 pm »
Just a couple of months back they arrested and convicted I believe, some crooked Chicago politician for things that are no worse than the corruption going on here.

How is she still allowed to try this case and where is the GOP Governor Brian Kemp and the GOP State's Attorney?
The Republic is lost.