Author Topic: California city struggles to recruit police despite highest-in-nation signing bonus: 'They're desper  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

California city struggles to recruit police despite highest-in-nation signing bonus: 'They're desperate'
Story by Amy Nelson  •
7h

Police departments offering large signing bonuses to combat staffing shortages
Police departments across the country are exploring different ways to combat staffing shortages, but even massive signing bonuses and six-figure salaries aren’t enough to entice potential recruits.

The Alameda, California Police Department is offering new recruits a $75,000 signing bonus – the highest in the nation – on top of a $113,654 starting salary, which is more than officers make in major cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. 

But the department is still struggling to recruit, despite the hefty financial incentives.

Joel Aylworth, a former San Francisco police officer, explained that the recruiting crisis is the result of an extremely high cost of living in areas that need officers and more than a decade of anti-law enforcement rhetoric.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-city-struggles-to-recruit-police-despite-highest-in-nation-signing-bonus-they-re-desperate/ar-AA1mWsUo?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=b3cd19b470d34cf189823c56207ade8c&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The great democrat plan to destroy good cities and good people (defund the police) is working like a charm. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson