Author Topic: Two Navy SEALs missing after Thursday night mission off Somalian coast  (Read 847 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two Navy SEALs missing after Thursday night mission off Somalian coast
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press and Tara Copp, AP
 Jan 13, 05:14 PM

WASHINGTON — Two U.S. Navy SEALs are missing after conducting a nighttime boarding mission Thursday off the coast of Somalia, according to three U.S. officials.

The SEALs were on an interdiction mission, climbing up a vessel when one got knocked off by high waves. Under their protocol, when one SEAL is overtaken the next jumps in after them.

Both SEALs are still missing. A search and rescue mission is underway and the waters in the Gulf of Aden, where they were operating, are warm, two of the U.S. officials said.

The U.S. Navy has conducted regular interdiction missions, where they have intercepted weapons on ships that were bound for Houthi-controlled Yemen.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/01/13/two-navy-seals-missing-after-thursday-night-mission-off-somalian-coast/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Two Navy SEALs missing after Thursday night mission off Somalian coast
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 02:42:21 pm »
The initial reports did a good job of making it seem the two were ship's company.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 09:43:28 pm »
Prayers up!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:45:03 pm »
U.S. Central Command
@CENTCOM
CENTCOM Status Update on Missing U.S. Navy Seals

We regret to announce that after a 10-day exhaustive search, our two missing U.S. Navy SEALs have not been located and their status has been changed to deceased. The search and rescue operation for the two Navy SEALs reported missing during the boarding of an illicit dhow carrying Iranian advanced conventional weapons Jan. 11 concluded and we are now conducting recovery operations.

During this expansive search operation, airborne and naval platforms from the U.S., Japan, and Spain continuously searched more than 21,000 square miles to locate our missing teammates. Search assistance was also provided by Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center, the U.S. Coast Guard Atlantic Area Command, University of San Diego – Scripts Institute of Oceanography, and the Office of Naval Research – Oceanographic Support. Out of respect for the families, no further information will be released at this time.

“We mourn the loss of our two Naval Special Warfare warriors, and we will forever honor their sacrifice and example. Our prayers are with the SEALs’ families, friends, the U.S. Navy, and the entire Special Operations community during this time,” said General Michael Erik Kurilla, USCENTCOM Commander.
Last edited
6:04 PM · Jan 21, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 04:05:14 pm »

US Navy declares two SEALs missing in Gulf of Aden as deceased
Story by By Dan Whitcomb • 13h

(Reuters) - Two U.S. Navy SEALs who went missing in the Gulf of Aden earlier this month during a raid on a boat carrying Iranian weapons have not been located following an exhaustive search and their status has been changed to deceased, military officials said on Sunday.

The SEALs were reported missing after boarding the vessel in a Jan. 11 operation near the coast of Somali, the U.S. Central Command said on X.

“We mourn the loss of our two Naval Special Warfare warriors, and we will forever honor their sacrifice and example. Our prayers are with the SEALs’ families, friends, the U.S. Navy, and the entire Special Operations community during this time,” CENTCOM Commander General Michael Erik Kurilla said in a statement.

A joint operation carried out by the United States, Spain and Japan searched more than 21,000 square miles of ocean for the missing SEALs, CENTCOM said in the statement.

That mission had now become a recovery operation, CENTCOM said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-navy-declares-two-seals-missing-in-gulf-of-aden-as-deceased/ar-BB1h2S8N
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 05:15:30 pm »
RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Two Navy SEALs were declared dead this weekend following a 10-day search off the coast of Somalia.

As of 10:20 a.m. ET, Biden hasn’t said a word about these fallen American heroes — no statement, no tweet, not a thing.
10:22 AM · Jan 22, 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 05:48:59 pm »
RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Two Navy SEALs were declared dead this weekend following a 10-day search off the coast of Somalia.

As of 10:20 a.m. ET, Biden hasn’t said a word about these fallen American heroes — no statement, no tweet, not a thing.
10:22 AM · Jan 22, 2024

People suffering from dementia are incapable of showing empathy. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 06:09:14 pm »
 Biden mourns Navy SEALs presumed dead off Somalia
by Brad Dress - 01/22/24 11:56 AM ET

President Biden on Monday mourned the loss of two Navy SEALs who are presumed dead after they went missing off the coast of Somalia earlier this month during a special covert mission to seize Iranian missile parts bound for Yemen.

Biden said in a statement that the presumed deaths of the two SEALs were a “profound loss for our country.”

“These SEALs represented the very best of our country, pledging their lives to protect their fellow Americans,” Biden said. “Our hearts go out to the family members, loved ones, friends, and shipmates who are grieving for these two brave Americans.”

“Our entire country stands with you,” he added. “We will never fail to honor their service, their legacy, and their sacrifice.”

The two SEALs went missing on the night of Jan. 11 while boarding a special combat operations craft in the Gulf of Aden. One sailor fell into rough waters and another jumped in to rescue the overboard SEAL.

The sailors were part of a team that intercepted Iranian missile components bound for the Houthi rebels in Yemen. The Houthis have targeted merchant ships in the Red Sea since late November in an escalating series of attacks that has prompted full-blown conflict with the U.S. military.

U.S. Central Command said in a Sunday statement that after an exhaustive 10-day search, the missing sailors were presumed dead.

Gen. Michael Kurilla said the U.S. “will forever honor their sacrifice and example.”

“Our prayers are with the SEALs’ families, friends, the U.S. Navy, and the entire Special Operations community during this time,” he said in the statement.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4421636-biden-navy-seals-presumed-dead-somalia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 06:42:19 pm »
People suffering from dementia are incapable of showing empathy.
So you are saying that Biden has been suffering from dementia his entire life? I just thought he was a sociopath.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 06:46:18 pm »
Biden mourns Navy SEALs presumed dead off Somalia
by Brad Dress - 01/22/24 11:56 AM ET

President Biden on Monday mourned the loss of two Navy SEALs who are presumed dead after they went missing off the coast of Somalia earlier this month during a special covert mission to seize Iranian missile parts bound for Yemen.

Biden said in a statement that the presumed deaths of the two SEALs were a “profound loss for our country.”

“These SEALs represented the very best of our country, pledging their lives to protect their fellow Americans,” Biden said. “Our hearts go out to the family members, loved ones, friends, and shipmates who are grieving for these two brave Americans.”

“Our entire country stands with you,” he added. “We will never fail to honor their service, their legacy, and their sacrifice.”

The two SEALs went missing on the night of Jan. 11 while boarding a special combat operations craft in the Gulf of Aden. One sailor fell into rough waters and another jumped in to rescue the overboard SEAL.

The sailors were part of a team that intercepted Iranian missile components bound for the Houthi rebels in Yemen. The Houthis have targeted merchant ships in the Red Sea since late November in an escalating series of attacks that has prompted full-blown conflict with the U.S. military.

U.S. Central Command said in a Sunday statement that after an exhaustive 10-day search, the missing sailors were presumed dead.

Gen. Michael Kurilla said the U.S. “will forever honor their sacrifice and example.”

“Our prayers are with the SEALs’ families, friends, the U.S. Navy, and the entire Special Operations community during this time,” he said in the statement.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4421636-biden-navy-seals-presumed-dead-somalia/
I'm guessing that his handlers noted there were a lot people upset over Biden's silence so they made sure they wrote a statement they hope he wouldn't mangle.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 06:51:21 pm »
So you are saying that Biden has been suffering from dementia his entire life? I just thought he was a sociopath.

Well, one does not rule out the other!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 07:20:56 pm »
Ha! Looks like the Biden staff read RNC Research's tweet this morning, and rushed to issue a statement.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 08:56:02 pm »
Navy identifies the deceased SEALs as Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Christopher J. Chambers and Navy Special Warfare Operator 2nd Class Nathan Gage Ingram.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Navy identifies SEALs presumed dead in Gulf of Aden mission
by Brad Dress - 01/22/24 4:11 PM ET

Photos provided by the Department of Defense show Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Christopher J. Chambers, left, and Navy Special Warfare Operator 2nd Class Nathan Gage Ingram. The two SEALs were lost at sea during a raid on a boat carrying illicit Iranian-made weapons to Yemen.

The U.S. Navy on Monday identified the two SEALs who are presumed dead after after they went missing off the coast of Somalia earlier this month during a mission to seize Iranian missile components headed to Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The sailors were Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Christopher J. Chambers, 37, and Navy Special Warfare Operator 2nd Class Nathan Gage Ingram, 27.

Both sailors were enlisted with the West Coast Based Special Warfare Unit in Coronado, Calif., the Navy said.

The search-and-rescue operation to find the missing SEALs concluded Sunday after a 10-day search.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4422246-navy-identifies-seals-presumed-dead-gulf-aden-mission/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 04:23:50 pm »
How 2 Experienced Navy SEALs Died During a Raid Off Yemen’s Coast
The older SEAL jumped into the rough waters of the Arabian Sea when his younger colleague slipped
Published 01/23/24 08:45 AM ET|Updated 3 hr ago
Christopher Gavin

The night of Jan. 11, members of the U.S. Navy's SEAL Team 3 readied to climb aboard an unflagged vessel suspected of transporting Iranian-made weapons to Yemen in the rough waters off the coast of Somalia.

Navy Special Warfare Operator 2nd Class Nathan Gage Ingram, 27, climbed a ladder onto the boat but slipped as he maneuvered his feet, sending him down into a gap between the ship and the SEALs' combatant craft.

In an instant, Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Christopher J. Chambers, 37, dove in after him, in an attempt to save his fellow SEAL, according to U.S. officials familiar with the incident.

It was an instinctive act, honed by years of training, one teammate going to another's aid.

But weighed down by their body armor, weapons, and heavy equipment, the two SEALs plunged into the depths of the Arabian Sea and are presumed to have died, said the officials, who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity to provide details of the raid.

more
https://themessenger.com/news/navy-seal-died-trying-to-save-colleague-somalia-yemen-nathan-gage-ingram-christopher-chambers
Support the USO