Author Topic: Woman, 2 children drown at Mexico border while trying to cross and enter US  (Read 382 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Woman, 2 children drown at Mexico border while trying to cross and enter US
A woman and two children drowned in the Rio Grande as they tried to enter the US from Mexico on Friday night after Texas military officers prevented federal border officials from aiding them

New Delhi,UPDATED: Jan 14, 2024 15:09 IST
A woman and two children drowned in the Rio Grande as they tried to enter the US from Mexico on Friday night after Texas military officers prevented federal border officials from aiding them, US border officials and a member of Congress said.

The deaths come as a dispute over immigration intensifies between Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican, and the administration of US President Joe Biden, a Democrat, with a record number of migrants having illegally crossed the border since Biden took office in 2021.

Under Abbott, Texas has increasingly sought to implement its own border controls, which have historically been the legal domain of the federal government.

Officials said the three were attempting to cross the river near Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, which is not a legal port of entry and is where the Texas National Guard this week added concertina wire and fencing.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/three-migrants-drown-us-border-amid-dispute-between-texas-white-house-2488529-2024-01-14
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
LOL! coming from INDIA TODAY. Well we all know India Today knows everything about anything that happens on the Texas border.
LOL :-)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The same report is in many, many different media publications around the world.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Woman, 2 children drown at Mexico border while trying to cross and enter US
A woman and two children drowned in the Rio Grande as they tried to enter the US from Mexico on Friday night after Texas military officers prevented federal border officials from aiding them

@rangerrebew

Say WHAT??????

Aren't officers of the law REQUIRED to help people who are drowning,if it is within their power to do so?

WHY doesn't this come up "depraved indifference to human life" laws,and those SOB's arrested and charged?

I do NOT like the fact that illegal aliens are invading America,but that doesn't mean I want to see them drown due to official neglect. After all,isn't saving  lives one of the duties of LEO's?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
@rangerrebew

Say WHAT??????

Aren't officers of the law REQUIRED to help people who are drowning,if it is within their power to do so?

WHY doesn't this come up "depraved indifference to human life" laws,and those SOB's arrested and charged?

I do NOT like the fact that illegal aliens are invading America,but that doesn't mean I want to see them drown due to official neglect. After all,isn't saving  lives one of the duties of LEO's?

According to all the media I've read, the Texas Guard was holding the border patrol back.  I suspect, though, there is more to that story than is being reported.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
According to all the media I've read, the Texas Guard was holding the border patrol back.  I suspect, though, there is more to that story than is being reported.

@rangerrebew

I would hope so.

Purposely standing by and letting someone drown,especially children,is unacceptable.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!