Author Topic: “Gas Is up 40%, Groceries Are up 30%” – Why Do Americans Think the Economy Is Bad?  (Read 890 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Gas Is up 40%, Groceries Are up 30%” – Why Do Americans Think the Economy Is Bad?
©Provided by Fine-Tuned Finances

The American economy, often touted as the world’s engine, is experiencing a rollercoaster of perceptions. While official metrics may paint a picture of recovery, the lived realities of many Americans tell a different story. A pervasive sense of economic unease hangs in the air, fueled by many factors. Here, we delve into 19 reasons why Americans are worried about the state of the economy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/gas-is-up-40-groceries-are-up-30-why-do-americans-think-the-economy-is-bad/ss-AA1mV50F?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=3447c69c879e44498495079d206e8942&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Gas prices are below $3 a gallon here as with most parts of the country and are expected to stay there and possibly fall further
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MajorClay

Offline mountaineer

Gas went way up for a while, now it's down a bit - but still higher than it was when Biden took office. Around here, I'd guess the current price is roughly 20% higher, but for a while it was at least 50-60% higher than it was Jan. 2021.

It's the grocery prices that are killing us. Some items have doubled in price (or more) since early 2021.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Gas prices are below $3 a gallon here as with most parts of the country and are expected to stay there and possibly fall further

Gas is still above $3.00/gal here and certainly not anywhere near the $2.20 and change or so when Trump left office.

Grocery prices are still through the roof.  Our monthly grocery bill has at least doubled and I can't afford to fill up the freezer with steaks and rib roasts like I could when Trump left office.  Eggs have come down a few pennies -- big deal.  Fruits and vegetables are ridiculous in price as well.

Bottom line -- at least by my wallet, the economy is NOT improving nor do I expect prices to ever get back to pre-Brandon prices as long as the DEMS are in office.  Of course there's no guarantee that they'd come down if somehow miraculously the GOP is seated in the WH.  I believe higher prices and inflation will stick around for quite some time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Gas is still above $3.00/gal here and certainly not anywhere near the $2.20 and change or so when Trump left office.

Gas prices were low when Trump left office because the shutdown and the demand for oil was drastically reduced.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Election year prices.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
The Biden economy is so bad that even billionaire’s wives are complaining about the price of coffee.

9:40 PM · Jan 17, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
The Biden economy is so bad that even billionaire’s wives are complaining about the price of coffee.

9:40 PM · Jan 17, 2024

:laugh: I see a bit of humor

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Election year prices.

888high58888  We are still hovering around $3/gal around here -- I am waiting for prices to drop.