Author Topic: Nolte: William Shatner Says ‘Self-Righteous’ Paramount Erasing Captain Kirk  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/01/12/nolte-william-shatner-says-self-righteous-paramount-erasing-captain-kirk/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR10JydiKcF1rddAXL-Fui7Lx1FZi8g38lCkws6pkJXVtZorUOXRLqx75TY

Living legend William Shatner told the truth about how the “self-righteous” and “enlightened” at Paramount are erasing a character they’re “threatened” by: James Tiberius Kirk.

It all began on Xwitter when a fan asked the 92-year-old superstar his feelings about the news that Paramount+ is making a movie about Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Captain Jean-Luc Picard, which will star Patrick Stewart — who just finished a three-season run of Picard, a Next-Generation spin-off for Paramount+.

Shatner graciously answered, “I think that a new movie with Sir Patrick is wonderful news.” About the online criticism of the Picard movie, Shatner added, “Haters Gonna Hate.”

I think that a new movie with Sir Patrick is wonderful news. And…👇🏻 https://t.co/YTYZuj0bBs pic.twitter.com/1BUqqp2UAO

— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) January 6, 2024

When a Xwitter user asked, “But will we ever see Captain Kirk again?” Shatner pulled no punches (or flying two-legged kicks). “All you have to do is look at the Paramount+ graphics to answer that question,” he xweeted. Attached to Shatner’s xweet was a Paramount publicity photo celebrating Star Trek’s past. Seen is every captain (and others, including an animated character) except for Shatner’s Kirk.

All you have to do is look at the Paramount+ graphics to answer that question. 😉 https://t.co/B4Rc9iUJGZ pic.twitter.com/uJEqIL7QZ7

— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) January 6, 2024

“Has anyone at Paramount come out with an official explanation for this MASSIVE FLUB?” someone asked.

“It’s not the first time it’s been going on for years,” Shatner replied. “It makes no difference to me that a group who think they are ‘enlightened’ (or whatever they think they are) obviously feels threatened by the Kirk character.”

“It’s a character from a 1960’s TV show- get over it.”

It was only a matter of time before Captain Kirk got canceled for prime directive-breaking, alien-busting horndog!

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are fantastic. I also liked Discovery but their Klingons looked - well, weird.

I heard through the SF grapevine that Picard didn't go to a 4th season so they are making a movie to tie up all the loose ends. ( I still haven't seen the 3rd and last season of Picard, even though I did buy it)

And frankly give the people what they want. Seven of Nine!

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
With 'Picard' Ending, It's Time for a 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Sequel Series

https://collider.com/star-trek-deep-space-nine-sequel-series/

Oh yes please. I know it won't be the same with Odo, and Nog gone, not to mention Louise Fletcher recently passed away but..... I could totally watch this 20 plus times like I have seen DS9

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are fantastic. I also liked Discovery but their Klingons looked - well, weird.

I heard through the SF grapevine that Picard didn't go to a 4th season so they are making a movie to tie up all the loose ends. ( I still haven't seen the 3rd and last season of Picard, even though I did buy it)

:thumbsup:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, that's too bad.  Any way.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

@Gfen
That is true. The Seven of Nine character in Voyager is one of the most sexy beautiful women I have ever seen in my life! However, that was in 2000 when she was in her 20s. A lot has changed for all of us since then, including Jeri.

Jeri Ryan is 55 years old now, (not that there is anything wrong with that). The Seven of Nine character will never be revived again, at least not by her. Beside that, she was way too White, too blond, and too intelligent to be cast today, with the DEI poison now infiltrating all of Hollywood.

But you are right. She was really at her peak in Voyager. Stunning woman.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 03:38:43 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

This poster is a blatant slap in the face of Shatner. To include Leonard Nimoy and delete William Shatner is a deliberate insult. Shatner has pissed off Paramount somehow. William Shatner, (Captain Kirk) created the Star Trek franchise. Captain Kirk and Spock are both globally famous irreplaceable worldwide legends. This is something personal directed specifically at William Shatner, or at his character Captain Kirk.

Who knows what is behind it. Fortunately, whatever this is, Shatner does not really give a damn. Nothing will ever take away or diminish his place in history, and he knows that very well.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

This poster is a blatant slap in the face of Shatner. To include Leonard Nimoy and delete William Shatner is a deliberate insult. Shatner has pissed off Paramount somehow. William Shatner, (Captain Kirk) created the Star Trek franchise. Captain Kirk and Spock are both globally famous irreplaceable worldwide legends. This is something personal directed specifically at William Shatner, or at his character Captain Kirk.

Who knows what is behind it. Fortunately, whatever this is, Shatner does not really give a damn. Nothing will ever take away or diminish his place in history, and he knows that very well.
:yowsa:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Some kin of mine put this up about Deep Space Nine (DS9) about 20 years ago on Youtube. Tribute video set to an Enya song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avyQXDM_Z3U
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

@Gfen
That is true. The Seven of Nine character in Voyager is one of the most sexy beautiful women I have ever seen in my life! However, that was in 2000 when she was in her 20s. A lot has changed for all of us since then, including Jeri.

Jeri Ryan is 55 years old now, (not that there is anything wrong with that). The Seven of Nine character will never be revived again, at least not by her. Beside that, she was way too White, too blond, and too intelligent to be cast today, with the DEI poison now infiltrating all of Hollywood.

But you are right. She was really at her peak in Voyager. Stunning woman.

Wait a minute...Jeri Ryan and 7 of 9 are still around, and still drop-dead gorgeous!

She'll be back in the planned Picard movie to tie up loose ends...

https://www.startrek.com/news/why-we-need-more-of-seven-of-nines-story-in-picard-and-everywhere-else

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/picard-jeri-ryan-shares-devastating-seven-of-nine-insight-1235136656/

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-picard-seven-nine-changes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_hmLLhCjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpjXYD2AELg

7 of 9 was even promoted to captain at the end of the Picard series and given command of the Enterprise-G:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3plS_mFfFk

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Seven_of_Nine

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 01:20:48 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Wait a minute...Jeri Ryan and 7 of 9 are still around, and still drop-dead gorgeous!

She'll be back in the planned Picard movie to tie up loose ends...
Of course as a die-hard Trekkie I know all of that and cannot disagree. BUT ... in my small pea brain, the Voyager Seven of Nine is a different character than the Picard Seven of Nine. YES! I get it! Same person same character name, but other than that everything else is different.

It is not that I do not enjoy the Picard Seven of Nine character. That is not it at all. It is only that I do not view the two performances the same way.

The Voyager Seven of Nine was a confused, virgin, drop dead gorgeous walking talking boner. The Picard Seven of Nine is a badass female vigilante, who looks like she is covered with tattoos under the clothes and addicted to heroin. They are related, but not the same.

This is just my own crazy brain. I do not contest or diminish any other way of thinking. It is just how my mind works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tntTmzfNlg
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 03:47:10 pm by 240B »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yeah, Jeri Ryan is well preserved, but after 20 years, she is down to a 6 of 10 <rimshot> :thud:

I was always more partial to T'Pol and her cat suit.  Meow Baby!!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 04:19:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jolene Blalock T'Pol
SNEAK PEEK : "Star Trek: Enterprise". - Close on 'T'Pol'

Beautiful of course. All the Star Trek women were smoking hot. But for me, my taste, the Voyager Seven of Nine beat them all.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
The female actors on today's shows are beautiful as well.

Stange Worlds- the back story of Christopher Pike- has Rebecca Ronjin as the lead and the new one coming out this year will have Michelle Yeoh as the lead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Jolene Blalock T'Pol

Beautiful of course. All the Star Trek women were smoking hot. But for me, my taste, the Voyager Seven of Nine beat them all.

Holy Mind meld Batman.!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Why has no one brought up Terry Farrell from DS9?

She's stunning.

(Having problems posting a photo . Sorry)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Holy Mind meld Batman.!

Easy there big guy, it might be tough getting used to Green Men(s).  :cool:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:17:14 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why has no one brought up Terry Farrell from DS9?

She's stunning.

(Having problems posting a photo . Sorry)
That is an interesting point. Although as the Dax character she was hot, but still. The idea of sex with a woman who was a warrior Klingon male, and as woman who has a giant slug in her gut, I could not get past it. Yes as an actress she was great. But, as her character on DS9 I could never go near her. Too weird for me.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:34:26 pm by 240B »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
As far as I'm concerned Shatner is Star Trek.  Without him there would be NO Star Trek.  I never could get into the ones post Shatner.
YES! Shatner the most, with Spock, McCoy, Scottie, Sulu, Chekhov, made Star Trek a thing. They were Star Trek. All the shows which came after them were just standing on the shoulders of giants. They were all riding the coattails of the ones who made it all possible.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Post 2000-ish STE (Enterprise-Bakula) , I understand the franchise has gone uber-woke.

Let me know when they fix that, and I'll start watching again.