Author Topic: Trump Declared Houthis a ‘Terror Org’, But Biden & ‘the Adults’ Undid It ‘As Priority’.  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Trump Declared Houthis a ‘Terror Org’, But Biden & ‘the Adults’ Undid It ‘As Priority’.

Just days after taking the oath of office, President Joe Biden directed his government to delist Yemen’s Houthi rebels as a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” (FTO). On January 28, 2021 — just eight days after Biden’s bizarre inauguration —  Secretary of State Antony Blinken was asked during a press conference which policies enacted by President Trump were a priority for the State Department to reverse. He responded that reversing the terrorist designation and lifting sanctions on the Iranian-backed Houthis was “the priority in my book.”

The Biden government argued that the terrorist designation and sanctions prevented humanitarian aid from reaching Yemeni civilians — roughly 80 percent of the country’s population lives in territory controlled by the Houthi rebels. Reversing the terror designation was also a decision taken to make a news splash and distinguish their foreign policy from Biden’s predecessor. Former President Donald Trump had signed the designation declaring the Houthis a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” on January 11, 2021 — just ten days before Biden took office — and the issue still had some legs in the news cycle.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/01/12/trump-declared-houthis-a-terror-org-but-biden-the-adults-undid-it-as-priority/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doesn't it depend on what your definition of organization is? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Doesn't it depend on what your definition of organization is? :whistle:

Depends on the "context".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.