Author Topic: More evidence of the historical truth behind Biblical narratives  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 12, 2024
More evidence of the historical truth behind Biblical narratives
By Andrea Widburg

When I was in high school, my father gave me Werner Keller’s The Bible As History. Keller, an engineer, scholar, humanist, and anti-Nazi fighter who barely escaped execution, wasn’t interested in the Bible as a religious book, at least not for the purposes of The Bible As History. Instead, he showed that objective history corroborates the Bible’s historical narratives. I was hooked and have enjoyed Biblical history ever since. I just stumbled across a new entrant into the truth behind the Bible stories. This time, archeology shows that, at the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, there really was fire raining down from the skies.

Genesis 19:24-25 describes the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah when the people, rather than welcoming strangers (who happened to be angels in disguise), instead tried to subject them to homosexual gang rape. “Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.”

Current estimates are that those two cities, assuming they existed, were destroyed between 2100 and 1900 B.C., during the Bronze Age. One of the theories is that an earthquake occurred but, Wikipedia explains, there’s no contemporary evidence from other cultures that there was such a major earthquake at the time. Of course, the timeline could be wrong, so that may explain the absence of an earthquake.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/more_evidence_of_the_historical_truth_behind_biblical_narratives.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: More evidence of the historical truth behind Biblical narratives
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 05:53:07 pm »
Interesting.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley