Author Topic: Does the Marine Corps Need Course Correction? Congress Wants to Know  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does the Marine Corps Need Course Correction? Congress Wants to Know
If so, necessary changes and funding are needed to restore lost capabilities.

GARY ANDERSON
JANUARY 12, 20244 MINUTES READ

Where does the Marine Corps go from here? This critical question has pitted retired Marines and the existing senior leadership for the last four years.

Force Design (FD) 2030, the brainchild of the former commandant General David Berger, has been loudly and persistently challenged by many senior retired general officers, former defense officials, and friends of the Corps.

Congress somewhat belatedly woke up to this intellectual civil war with this year’s National Defense Authorization Act, which mandates a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) independently evaluate FD 2030.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2024/01/12/marine-corps-fd-2030-study/?expand_article=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson