Author Topic: Turkey launches airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, destroying shelters and oil facilities  (Read 815 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turkey launched airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, destroying bunkers, shelters and oil facilities
The defense ministry said fighter jets destroyed bunkers, shelters and oil facilities 'to eliminate terrorist attacks against our people'
By Lawrence Richard Fox News
Published January 13, 2024 5:24am EST

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I blame Brandon for the World being in shambles! We are now at war with the ME again along with donating billions to Ukraine. Meanwhile our borders sit open. WWIII I believe will soon be upon us. It is absolutely unsettling that Austin disappeared for awhile.  I haven't heard much on Milley and I believe Blinken is still in the ME.

What a difference our world in which we live in is different than just four or five years ago -- our borders were more secure, we were energy independent, the ME was relatively at peace, China was under control, we weren't giving billions to Ukraine, inflation was minimal, jobs were plentiful, etc.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB!!!

Turkey launched airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, destroying bunkers, shelters and oil facilities

Turkey carried out a series of airstrikes in neighboring Iraq and Syria on Saturday, according to its defense ministry. The strikes come as the U.S and other countries launched separate strikes in Yemen on Friday and Saturday.

According to the Turkish Defense Ministry, aircraft struck Kurdish militant targets in Metina, Hakurk, Gara and Qandil in northern Iraq. The strikes were in response to an attack on a Turkish military base in Iraq that left nine Turkish soldiers dead.

The defense ministry said fighter jets destroyed caves, bunkers, shelters and oil facilities "to eliminate terrorist attacks against our people and security forces ... and to ensure our border security." The statement said "many" militants were "neutralized." It did not specify any attacks in Syria.

The targets were affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), a banned Kurdish separatist group that maintains bases in northern Iraq, the ministry said. The PKK is considered a terror organization by the United States and other Turkish allies in Europe.................

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-launched-airstrikes-iraq-syria-destroying-bunkers-shelters-oil-facilities
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I blame Brandon for the World being in shambles! We are now at war with the ME again along with donating billions to Ukraine. Meanwhile our borders sit open. WWIII I believe will soon be upon us. It is absolutely unsettling that Austin disappeared for awhile.  I haven't heard much on Milley and I believe Blinken is still in the ME.

What a difference our world in which we live in is different than just four or five years ago -- our borders were more secure, we were energy independent, the ME was relatively at peace, China was under control, we weren't giving billions to Ukraine, inflation was minimal, jobs were plentiful, etc.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB!!!

Turkey carried out a series of airstrikes in neighboring Iraq and Syria on Saturday, according to its defense ministry. The strikes come as the U.S and other countries launched separate strikes in Yemen on Friday and Saturday.

According to the Turkish Defense Ministry, aircraft struck Kurdish militant targets in Metina, Hakurk, Gara and Qandil in northern Iraq. The strikes were in response to an attack on a Turkish military base in Iraq that left nine Turkish soldiers dead.

The defense ministry said fighter jets destroyed caves, bunkers, shelters and oil facilities "to eliminate terrorist attacks against our people and security forces ... and to ensure our border security." The statement said "many" militants were "neutralized." It did not specify any attacks in Syria.

The targets were affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), a banned Kurdish separatist group that maintains bases in northern Iraq, the ministry said. The PKK is considered a terror organization by the United States and other Turkish allies in Europe.................

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-launched-airstrikes-iraq-syria-destroying-bunkers-shelters-oil-facilities
I doubt you will hear from Miss Milly, there is a new sheriff in town, Charlie Brown Jr. **nononono*

General Charles Q. Brown, Jr. is the 21st Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation's highest-ranking military officer, and the principal military advisor to the President, Secretary of Defense, and National Security Council.

Anyway, as long as the incompetents are running the show I think we are all royally

Online mountaineer

Paul to Force Vote on Biden's Sale of F-16s to Turkey
Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky has a resolution that aims to block a weapons sale worth $23 billion to Turkey.
Bradley Devlin
Feb 29, 2024 3:15 PM
The American Conservative

On Thursday afternoon, the Senate will vote on a resolution from Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky that would block a sale of F-16 fighter jets and other military supplies.

President Joe Biden’s administration approved the sale last month in what Paul described to The American Conservative in a phone interview as a “quid pro quo” between Washignton and Ankara for Sweden’s accession into NATO. The package, worth $23 billion, would provide Turkey with 40 F-16s, which would increase Turkey’s supply of fighter jets by nearly 50 percent.

For Paul, however, it’s less about the price or number of planes. “I think you quantify it in terms of the strategic possibility that in gaining new F-16s with new software and new technology on them, that these F-16s could be used to somehow test the S-400 Russian system [the Turks] have, and either find weaknesses of the F-16 against the S-400,” Paul told TAC. The biggest worry is that Turkey could “share that information with the Russians.” ...
Rand Paul
@RandPaul
This is one of those issues where you go back to many of the red states and try to explain why you're selling F-16s to Turkey, which supports Hamas, has terrible human rights abuses in our country, and isn't really a country that has free elections—there's a lot of reasons not to be too excited about selling arms to Turkey. https://theamericanconservative.com/paul-to-force-vote-on-bidens-sale-of-f-16s-to-turkey/
3:35 PM · Feb 29, 2024

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 04:03:51 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just my $.02, but things were a lot more secure and balanced, when we had the muzzies beating each others brains out, and we stayed clear. (Pre-1991).

Let's get back to (a Trump term), not only energy independent, but energy dominant, and drive oil down to $40-50 bbl where it belongs.  The let our poorer muzzie enemies turn on each other like jackals, but with less monetary resources. 

Side benefit?  Watch Putin squirm @ $40/bbl oil.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just my $.02, but things were a lot more secure and balanced, when we had the muzzies beating each others brains out, and we stayed clear. (Pre-1991).

Let's get back to (a Trump term), not only energy independent, but energy dominant, and drive oil down to $40-50 bbl where it belongs.  The let our poorer muzzie enemies turn on each other like jackals, but with less monetary resources. 

But just look at how well things turned out after billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American soldiers lives, limbs and minds were sacrificed in the name of Mid East peace and containing moslem extremism...it turned out just as well as the billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American soldiers lives, limbs and minds were sacrificed in the name of containing communism   **nononono*

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
But just look at how well things turned out after billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American soldiers lives, limbs and minds were sacrificed in the name of Mid East peace and containing moslem extremism...it turned out just as well as the billions of American tax dollars and thousands of American soldiers lives, limbs and minds were sacrificed in the name of containing communism   **nononono*

Agree 100%, except instead of Billions, the true tally was about $2 Trillion. That's  the true and lasting legacy of the Bush debacle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Bush '43 tried to make the World safe for democracy by trying to remake Iraq and Afghanistan in America's image - epic fail.

What's America's strategic interest in the Middle East?  We don't need their oil anymore.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bush '43 tried to make the World safe for democracy by trying to remake Iraq and Afghanistan in America's image - epic fail.

What's America's strategic interest in the Middle East?  We don't need their oil anymore.

The world was a safer place when the Muzzies were only killing each other in their own sandboxes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Considering so much of our oil now comes from horizontally drilled wells in unconventional reservoirs, many of which have already developed the 'hot' areas to maximize profits with prices in the $70s, I really don't see prices going lower than they are supporting an excess of oil. Just as a boom is the prequel to the next bust, the amplitude of the 'wave' may be reduced, but the forces which bring innovation and new exploration will be muted, perhaps until the people who know how to do that are aged out of the industry.

When I got retired (yeah, I'd still go back out), there were very few folks around who had worked geology on a vertical well (I did four in the last 24 years, as opposed to nearly 200 horizontals, and I worked an eight state area).  Most came in during the latest boom, and had no idea what an exploration well was like.

Most of what drives that will come from development wells in the Permian Basin and discoveries offshore in the GOM.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 01:14:22 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Absolutely true. Bush gave hundreds of millions of dollars to his friends to build American style suburbs and cities in Iraq. Most of that money was never spent and disappeared. The few projects which were actually built were all promptly blown up by the fanatical barefoot primitive Arab cavemen.

Bush and co. actually had plans to bring American cable companies into Iraq to make it like any normal American neighborhood. Never got off the ground. That is how stupid and naïve Bush and his staff were. Absolutely NO experience with any part of the world outside of Harvard, Yale, and Washington D.C.

And yet these idiot fools were running wars and programs all over the globe.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 02:02:43 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.