Author Topic: Democrats willing to help GOP Speaker save job — for a price  (Read 191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democrats willing to help GOP Speaker save job — for a price
by Mike Lillis - 01/13/24 6:00 AM ET

A handful of House Democrats say they’d step in to help Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) keep his gavel in the face of a potential conservative revolt — but it wouldn’t come free.

Democrats willing to consider the matter said Johnson would first have to forge an agreement with House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) ensuring Democrats had a greater voice in the legislative process. In that case, they’d be willing to provide the votes to keep the Speaker in power.

“Just like I told McCarthy: Talk to Hakeem, and there are some of us that can support you,” said Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas), referring to former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), who was booted from his leadership post last year at the hands of disgruntled conservatives.

“I’ll say the same thing [to Johnson].”

Cuellar is not alone among Democrats floating the idea of a Johnson rescue.

“He would have to be more willing than Kevin McCarthy was to sit down with Hakeem Jeffries and have a conversation about what it would take for us to be helpful. Kevin said to pound sand. He didn’t want the help,” said Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4405928-democrats-willing-to-help-gop-speaker-save-job-for-a-price/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Democrats willing to help GOP Speaker save job — for a price
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 02:52:27 pm »
Wouldn't be the first or last GOP speaker to captiulate to save his ass.  Almost becming SOP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.