Author Topic: War between the U.S. and China over Taiwan could cost the global economy a staggering $10 TRILLION  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
War between the U.S. and China over Taiwan could cost the global economy a staggering $10 TRILLION
01/12/2024 // Kevin Hughes // 990 Views
Tags: big government, blockade, Bubble, chaos, China, Chinese invasion of Taiwan, Collapse, debt bomb, debt collapse, economic collapse, economic riot, economics, economy, finance, finance riot, financial crash, global GDP, national security, risk, semiconductors, supply chain, Taiwan, Taiwan invasion, WWIII, Xi Jinping

A war over Taiwan between the United States and China could cost an unimaginable $10 trillion, equal to about 10 percent of the global GDP, dwarfing the impact of the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the 2008 Global Financial Crisis.
This is according to an analysis conducted by Bloomberg Economics, which noted that both the Global Financial Crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic only affected global GDP by about 5.9 percent each.

Bloomberg Economics modeled two scenarios and their estimated impact on global GDP: A Chinese invasion that draws the U.S. into a hot conflict with Beijing, and a blockade that cuts Taiwan off from trade with the rest of the world.

The biggest impact comes from the blow to the world's supply of semiconductors, disruption to shipping in the region, trade sanctions and tariffs and the impact of a war between the world's two superpowers on global financial markets.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-01-12-us-china-war-over-taiwan-10-trillion.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How would the US take care of all the illegal aliens with an expenditure like that? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson