Author Topic: Philadelphia’s First Female Mayor Declares Public Safety Emergency  (Read 550 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Philadelphia’s First Female Mayor Declares Public Safety Emergency
Story by GistFest  •
16h

Philadelphia swore in its first female Mayor, Cherelle Parker, on January 2, 2024, and she hit the ground running. After her inauguration, Parker promptly signed an executive order declaring a Public Safety Emergency to tackle rampant crime.

The Democrat mayor and long-serving councilwoman announced she’s taking a new approach to some of the city’s oldest problems. She campaigned on a centrist platform of safety, jobs, and city services. Before Parker, the constant crimes in the city in recent years gave the impression that the city officials do not enforce laws.

Parker said her emergency order would “expeditiously” get every available resource into neighborhoods struggling with the skyrocketing crime rate. Also, she said it would also help with gun violence, drugs, and addiction. Parker said she tasked her new police commissioner, Kevin Bethel, with creating crisis plans. 

“Car theft, shoplifting, yes, retail theft and the illegal use of ATVs that diminish our quality of life,” said Philadelphia’s 100th Mayor. “We’re gonna make our city safe for the people who live here and work here.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/philadelphia-s-first-female-mayor-declares-public-safety-emergency/ar-AA1mSToD?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=163ccfae438c4ef0b0a4ef13c0bf247b&ei=61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Philadelphia’s First Female Mayor Declares Public Safety Emergency
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 12:34:57 pm »
And she's going to do it with a beaten down, maligned police force and a soft on crime prosecutor?  She'll need more than words to pull it off. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 09:11:41 pm »
It wasn't like many major American cities long run by Democrat officials were beacons of safety and culture before the demise of St. George Floyd.
But since his demise things have gotten worse. For a number of reasons.
One big reason is of course the reduction in the numbers of police officers, but other major reasons is the failure of Dem DAs to prosecute violent criminals with many violent thugs given the revolving door treatment. The numbers of violent criminals with long rap sheets let loose to commit more violent crimes is common.
Many black DAs simply refused to prosecute black perps. These failures to enforce the law and punish criminals hurts the black community in many major cities more than any other demographic.
But it's a national disgrace that so many major cities have become sanctuaries for violent thugs and unsanitary pestholes with mentally ill and drug-addicted vagrants pitching tents on public sidewalks and parks and relieving themselves anywhere they want.
The solution: get rid of all liberal, Dem officials.
The probability of that happening in those woke cities.....close to zero.
Despite all the problems the liberal residents of those godforsaken cities complain about, they keep electing worthless liberal doofuses as mayors and DAs.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 09:22:04 pm »
It wasn't like many major American cities long run by Democrat officials were beacons of safety and culture before the demise of St. George Floyd.
But since his demise things have gotten worse. For a number of reasons.
One big reason is of course the reduction in the numbers of police officers, but other major reasons is the failure of Dem DAs to prosecute violent criminals with many violent thugs given the revolving door treatment. The numbers of violent criminals with long rap sheets let loose to commit more violent crimes is common.
Many black DAs simply refused to prosecute black perps. These failures to enforce the law and punish criminals hurts the black community in many major cities more than any other demographic.
But it's a national disgrace that so many major cities have become sanctuaries for violent thugs and unsanitary pestholes with mentally ill and drug-addicted vagrants pitching tents on public sidewalks and parks and relieving themselves anywhere they want.
The solution: get rid of all liberal, Dem officials.
The probability of that happening in those woke cities.....close to zero.
Despite all the problems the liberal residents of those godforsaken cities complain about, they keep electing worthless liberal doofuses as mayors and DAs.

Bingo.  Every time I hear about the people wising up because of what they say to the "man on the street" interviews, I give a chuckle because I know when they step into the privacy of the Voting Booth, they vote all Demorat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 10:31:33 pm »
How's that been working out for Philly?

https://twitter.com/B7frankH/status/1767300550444585080
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org