Author Topic: Seattle teacher allegedly told students identifying as 'straight' is offensive  (Read 319 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Seattle teacher allegedly told students identifying as 'straight' is offensive
Story by Chris Pandolfo  •
23h

A history teacher at a Seattle high school who previously came under fire for lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity allegedly told students that identifying as "straight" is offensive.

Ian Golash, who is the social studies department chair at Chief Sealth International High School, also told some male students they are a "product of the patriarchy that teaches young boys not to care," according to a parent who filed a complaint with school officials.

The mother, who requested anonymity, provided a copy of a "Social Identity Wheel" worksheet Golash assigned to his 10th grade class to "The Jason Rantz Show" on KTTH. The worksheet asks students to self-reflect on their various identities, including racial, ethnic, gender, socio-economic status, physical, emotional or developmental disabilities, and sexual orientation.

The parent said her 15-year-old son labeled himself "straight." Golash then allegedly told the boy that he needed to pick a term that was less offensive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-teacher-allegedly-told-students-identifying-as-straight-is-offensive/ar-AA1mRO27?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=163ccfae438c4ef0b0a4ef13c0bf247b&ei=49
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll take a wild stab here and guess this clown is a democrat! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

So much for 'diversity and inclusion'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

I'll take a wild stab here and guess this clown is a democrat! :whistle:
Wrong. He actually.....for real....identifies as a communist.