Author Topic: The US quietly added 386,000 square miles of territory last month  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 The US quietly added 386,000 square miles of territory last month
Story by Adam Manno  •
18h

The US quietly added hundreds of thousands of square miles to its territory last month.

The new land is part of the extended continental shelf or ECS, the area under relatively shallow water found over 200 nautical miles from the coast.

The US Geological Survey and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) began mapping the area back in 2003.

On December 19, the Department of State announced that the US had added 386,000 square miles overall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-us-quietly-added-386-000-square-miles-of-territory-last-month/ar-AA1mSQbT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=163ccfae438c4ef0b0a4ef13c0bf247b&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The US quietly added 386,000 square miles of territory last month
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 12:25:19 pm »
Democrats need to get ahold of their climate guru and get him hot on the oceans enveloping the earth as they've been threatening. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson