Author Topic: Olympics brings on its first beer brand as a global sponsor — Budweiser's AB InBev  (Read 581 times)

Online mountaineer

Olympics brings on its first beer brand as a global sponsor — Budweiser's AB InBev
COURTNEY BONNELL and GRAHAM DUNBAR, Associated Press
Jan. 12, 2023
The International Olympic Committee has signed Anheuser-Busch InBev as the first beer brand in the 40-year history of its sponsorship program, which earns billions of dollars for the organization and international sports.

The deal was announced Friday by the IOC and AB InBev — the Belgium-based brewing giant whose brands include Budweiser, Corona, Michelob and Modelo — for the next three Summer and Winter Games. The Paris Olympics open on July 26, and the deal also includes the 2026 Winter Games in northern Italy, then — the likely prize asset — the Los Angeles Olympics in 2028.

Corona Cero, the zero-alcohol version of the Corona brand that is ranked second most valuable worldwide in the brewing industry, will be “global beer sponsor of the Olympic Games,” the heads of the IOC and AB InBev said.  ...

Yeah, that should help the Budweiser brand.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They don't control Modelo in the USA.  Consolation brand owns Modelo here and they are kicking Inbev's ass
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.