Author Topic: Pentagon’s industrial strategy describes the problem, not the solution  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon’s industrial strategy describes the problem, not the solution
By Elaine McCusker
 Jan 12, 08:55 AM

Big changes are needed to fix America’s defense industrial base and supply chain challenges.

The Department of Defense on Thursday released what it labeled a first-of-its-kind National Defense Industrial Strategy. As with most such strategies, this one falls short in providing the unafraid look at root causes and specific actions needed for rapid, measurable and sustainable improvement. But within the pages there are rays of hope and seeds for the all-important implementation plans.

The strategy does a good job describing the problem in a way that acknowledges some culpability in creating it, something previous reports from the Pentagon did not do.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/2024/01/12/pentagons-industrial-strategy-describes-the-problem-not-the-solution/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon’s industrial strategy describes the problem, not the solution
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 06:02:00 pm »
They know the problem.  Well, it's a start! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson