Author Topic: MTG unloads on Speaker Mike Johnson in fiery rant: ‘Closer and closer to vacating the chair’  (Read 1141 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MTG unloads on Speaker Mike Johnson in fiery rant: ‘Closer and closer to vacating the chair’
January 12, 2024 | Chris Donaldson

U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is furious about the newly elected GOP Speaker of the House who could face the same fate as his ousted predecessor Kevin McCarthy.

The Georgia Republican boiled over about the dealings between Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.) and scheming Senate Majority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) as they work together across party lines to hammer out a deal to fund the government.

Greene, who had previously expressed her unease with the new speaker, told Steve Bannon that Johnson has failed Republicans and suggested that she may be mulling the nuclear option, a motion to vacate that could bring an end to his brief tenure as the top House Republican.

During an appearance on Bannon’s “War Room” podcast, she responded to the host’s question about why Republican lawmakers are so squeamish about the possibility of a government shutdown.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/01/12/mtg-unloads-on-speaker-mike-johnson-in-fiery-rant-closer-and-closer-to-vacating-the-chair-1426926/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's such a shit show at this point that perhaps they should vacate the chair again.  Doubling down on stupid makes it easier to identify the stupid among us.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's such a shit show at this point that perhaps they should vacate the chair again.  Doubling down on stupid makes it easier to identify the stupid among us.

Stupid is spending our nation into oblvion.  The speakership has become a revolving door of faux-deficit hawks who don't deliver.  Shut it all down

Best thing that could happen is to dismantle the entire government outside of Defense and Treasury, and start over making sure we've eliminated every ounce of waste and redundancy in government....

Want an example?  Back in the early 90's I was Environmental Manager at a plant in Houston  We were inspected, reguated, and enforced by all 4 of these:

EPA
TCEQ (TNRCC and TACB) at the time ....state
Harris County Pollution Control
City of Houston Environmental Control.

I had to deal with all 4.  How f'n insane is that?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 03:58:23 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Oh, there's a lot of "vacating" in the GOP these days.

Who'll be the first to suggest that Trump should be the new Speaker?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Oh, there's a lot of "vacating" in the GOP these days.

Who'll be the first to suggest that Trump should be the new Speaker?

That's never going to happen. He's the one that backed McCarthy who was a terrible pick to begin with.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That's never going to happen. He's the one that backed McCarthy who was a terrible pick to begin with.

lol...  From the guy who "only hires the best people" person.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Stupid is spending our nation into oblvion.  The speakership has become a revolving door of faux-deficit hawks who don't deliver.  Shut it all down.

Shut it all down? Exactly how many votes do you think that position has in the House?

The problem is NOT the Speaker.  That should be obvious by now.  The problem is who else has been elected to Congress.  If the Speaker cannot control a handful of Freedom Caucus members who want to boot him from office, what makes anyone believe that the Speaker can control the votes of the dozens of Republicans who aren't willing to support the Freedom Caucus priorities with a shutdown??

Best thing that could happen is to dismantle the entire government outside of Defense and Treasury, and start over making sure we've eliminated every ounce of waste and redundancy in government....

And exactly how does the Speaker of the House - whomever it is - make that happen?

Want an example?  Back in the early 90's I was Environmental Manager at a plant in Houston  We were inspected, reguated, and enforced by all 4 of these:

EPA
TCEQ (TNRCC and TACB) at the time ....state
Harris County Pollution Control
City of Houston Environmental Control.

I had to deal with all 4.  How f'n insane is that?

How is Mike Johnson supposed to fix that? For that matter, exactly how was Kevin McCarthy supposed to fix that?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 07:58:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Ok, I'm a bit confused; I always thought that the Freedom Caucus was the strong conservative arm of the House -- apparently I have that wrong??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Ok, I'm a bit confused; I always thought that the Freedom Caucus was the strong conservative arm of the House -- apparently I have that wrong??

I think they are but sadly, they are in the minority position.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When we vote red we should get red damn it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

When we vote red we should get red damn it!

The "we" in this case isn't just conservatives, else the only people being nominated would be conservatives.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The "we" in this case isn't just conservatives, else the only people being nominated would be conservatives.

Every one of them pass themselves off as conservative to GET nominated. They must do so in order to get nominated.  They often lie!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien