Author Topic: Inflation rises slightly to 1% in December in producer price index  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation rises slightly to 1% in December in producer price index
By
Zachary Halaschak
January 12, 2024 8:30 am

Wholesale inflation, as measured by the producer price index, ticked up slightly to 1% for the year ending in December as the Federal Reserve keeps interest rates high.

The new numbers were released on Friday by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The December increase came after a 0.8% annual increase the month before. Most forecasters anticipated a slight uptick in wholesale inflation in December.

On a month-to-month basis, the wholesale price index fell by a tenth of a percentage point.

The new wholesale inflation numbers come a day after the more closely watched consumer price index report for December was released.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/finance-and-economy/2791991/inflation-rises-december-producer-price-index/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Inflation rises slightly to 1% in December in producer price index
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 02:28:29 pm »
Yellen: People Are Generally Happy with Their Personal Situation, But Worry About Their Neighbors, Whole Economy

During an interview with WBUR’s “Here and Now” on Thursday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that people “tend to be pretty positive” about their own economic situations and “some of the concerns that they express have to do more with their neighbors and the economy as a whole.” She also stated that “people are acting as though they feel okay about their own situations, but are worried about the economy.”

Yellen said, “I think when people are asked about their own situation, they tend to be pretty positive about it and some of the concerns that they express have to do more with their neighbors and the economy as a whole. And if you actually look at their spending patterns, spending has really been quite strong. And so, people are acting as though they feel okay about their own situations, but are worried about the economy. We lived through a period of high inflation, and I think it’s going to take a little while before people feel confident that that’s over and that they’ll be systematically getting ahead. And we’re seeing the beginnings in surveys and I hope and believe that that will continue to improve.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/11/yellen-people-are-generally-happy-with-their-personal-situation-but-worry-about-their-neighbors-whole-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Inflation rises slightly to 1% in December in producer price index
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 02:31:55 pm »
Yellen: People Are Generally Happy with Their Personal Situation, But Worry About Their Neighbors, Whole Economy

During an interview with WBUR’s “Here and Now” on Thursday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that people “tend to be pretty positive” about their own economic situations and “some of the concerns that they express have to do more with their neighbors and the economy as a whole.” She also stated that “people are acting as though they feel okay about their own situations, but are worried about the economy.”

Yellen said, “I think when people are asked about their own situation, they tend to be pretty positive about it and some of the concerns that they express have to do more with their neighbors and the economy as a whole. And if you actually look at their spending patterns, spending has really been quite strong. And so, people are acting as though they feel okay about their own situations, but are worried about the economy. We lived through a period of high inflation, and I think it’s going to take a little while before people feel confident that that’s over and that they’ll be systematically getting ahead. And we’re seeing the beginnings in surveys and I hope and believe that that will continue to improve.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/11/yellen-people-are-generally-happy-with-their-personal-situation-but-worry-about-their-neighbors-whole-economy/

I remember Rush talking about this.
"I am doing okay, but I am not sure that my neighbors are".
She isn,t doing Bidaen any favors talking like this, which is a good thing for us.