Author Topic: Huge ancient lost city found in the Amazon  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Huge ancient lost city found in the Amazon
« on: January 12, 2024, 02:08:58 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67940671?fbclid=IwAR3zICs60ivO1gmmj9Uz6hPs6Ko7POxatZr8xMHfd3hyJkcMm1Q8OdXK1Cs

The discovery changes what we know about the history of people living in the Amazon.

The houses and plazas in the Upano area in eastern Ecuador were connected by an astounding network of roads and canals.

The area lies in the shadow of a volcano that created rich local soils but also may have led to the destruction of the society.

While we knew about cities in the highlands of South America, like Machu Picchu in Peru, it was believed that people only lived nomadically or in tiny settlements in the Amazon.
"This is older than any other site we know in the Amazon. We have a Eurocentric view of civilisation, but this shows we have to change our idea about what is culture and civilisation," says Prof Stephen Rostain, director of investigation at the National Centre for Scientific Research in France, who led the research.

"It changes the way we see Amazonian cultures. Most people picture small groups, probably naked, living in huts and clearing land - this shows ancient people lived in complicated urban societies," says co-author Antoine Dorison.

The city was built around 2,500 years ago, and people lived there for up to 1,000 years, according to archaeologists.

It is difficult to accurately estimate how many people lived there at any one time, but scientists say it is certainly in the 10,000s if not 100,000s.

The archaeologists combined ground excavations with a survey of a 300 sq km (116 sq mile) area using laser sensors flown on a plane that could identify remains of the city beneath the dense plants and trees.

EXCERPT

So does anybody here follow the theories and research of Graham Hancock?

https://grahamhancock.com/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Huge ancient lost city found in the Amazon
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 02:14:24 pm »
Dang....  I hope they spare us from another awful Indiana Jones Movie.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 04:01:24 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 03:34:30 pm »
Depending on the exact location, this is in the margins where the Andes highlands merge into the Amazonian jungle. Being near a river, there's water for drinking and agriculture.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 03:59:16 pm »
 ////00000////

Yet, another civilization becomes a victim of Global Climate Change.

If only they had replaced their methane-spewing alpaca's and llama's with electric vehicles, they'd still be with us.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 07:44:27 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 11:32:06 pm »
////00000////

Yet, another civilization becomes a victim of Global Climate Change.

If only they had replaced their methane-spewing alpaca's and llama's with electric vehicles, they'd still be with us.

:silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 05:24:52 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67940671?fbclid=IwAR3zICs60ivO1gmmj9Uz6hPs6Ko7POxatZr8xMHfd3hyJkcMm1Q8OdXK1Cs

EXCERPT

Yes, I've read some of his books, and watched his series "Ancient Apocalypse" on Netflix. He also has a channel on YouTube.  Also, Randall Carlson, who has collaborated on some of these theories with Graham Hancock, has a quite active channel on YouTube. There are some other folks outside of the archaeology mainstream talking about this stuff on YouTube as well. 
Let it burn.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 06:22:08 pm »
They've found many with LIDAR drones down there and other places. Watched a Tubes of You video on one in Brazil from about the same period.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 08:23:10 pm »

EXCERPT

Yeah... I bounce around in his circles...

Ayahuasca

He messes with demons.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 09:58:06 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 12:09:32 am »
I have little doubt that prior civilizations rose and fell, lost to the mists of legend or faded completely out of memory.

I expect the largest pre-Ice Age and contemporaneous cities are under water, flooded when sea levels rose during and after the thaw, most likely in the tropical latitudes.

Proving it is another matter. I want to see the evidence.

A water well driller I knew claimed to have pulled up a piece of brass while drilling a water well through glacial till here in ND, which would have made it over 12,000 years old (Pre-Clovis) if it actually came from below the Laurentide Ice Sheet till layer.

I never saw the piece, and as far as I know it is lost.

It would have been interesting to see if it was relatively modern junk that fell down the hole as it was being drilled, plucked from a shallow sidewall, or truly an anachronistic discovery. :shrug:

But, as with all else in science, for every question answered, more are raised.

The more we learn, the less we know.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:12:48 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 12:11:39 am »
I have little doubt that prior civilizations rose and fell, lost to the mists of legend or faded completely out of memory.

Proving it is another matter. I want to see the evidence.

A water well driller I knew claimed to have pulled up a piece of brass while drilling a water well through glacial till here, which would have made it over 12,000 years old (Pre-Clovis) if it came from below the Laurentide Ice Sheet till layer.
I never saw the piece, and as far as I know it is lost.

It would have been interesting to see if it was relatively modern junk that fell down the hole as it was being drilled, plucked from a shallow sidewall, or truly an anachronistic discovery. :shrug:

But, as with all else in science, for every question answered, more are raised.

The more we learn, the less we know.

The stuff that gets me is the stuff they bust out of coal deposits.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024, 12:15:55 am »
The stuff that gets me is the stuff they bust out of coal deposits.
I have seen some claims, but would like to examine the material.

The question is one of if someone was mining the coal before that shaft collapsed, to be mined later, and introduced artifacts to the seam. Even that could have been long ago.

I suspect there is more in Heaven and Earth than is dreamed of in man's philosophies, to paraphrase Hamlet.

One day we'll know.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 12:18:27 am »
I have seen some claims, but would like to examine the material.

The question is one of if someone was mining the coal before that shaft collapsed, to be mined later, and introduced artifacts to the seam. Even that could have been long ago.

I suspect there is more in Heaven and Earth than is dreamed of in man's philosophies, to paraphrase Hamlet.

One day we'll know.

Sure... but pretty hard to fake when they break it out of a lump, and the imression is right there in the deposit it came from. Beautiful silverwork, delicate chains, coins in a strange language... pretty kewl.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 12:20:22 am »
Sure... but pretty hard to fake when they break it out of a lump, and the imression is right there in the deposit it came from. Beautiful silverwork, delicate chains, coins in a strange language... pretty kewl.
Do you have a link to any of that?

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 12:22:56 am »
Do you have a link to any of that?

Nah... It's been a long while... But my favorite ooparts site is https://www.s8int.com/

I am sure there are references somewhere in there....

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley