Author Topic: Al Gore is officially too old to serve on Apple’s board  (Read 446 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Al Gore is officially too old to serve on Apple’s board
« on: January 12, 2024, 01:49:24 pm »
Al Gore is stepping down from Apple’s Board of Directors – but only because he’s too old to be renominated.

Apple has a longstanding policy that its directors cannot stand for reelection after reaching the age of 75. That means it’s time for Gore, who is now 75, to retire, the company announced Thursday.

Gore has served on the Apple board since 2003, the company said. He’s also served as the 45th vice president of the United States and as a climate activist.

The Nobel laureate received $376,894 as compensation for serving on Apple’s Board of Directors in 2023, according to an SEC filing. That total included $275,022 in stock awards.

James Bell, former chief financial officer of The Boeing Company, will also step down from the board due to his age.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/11/tech/al-gore-is-officially-too-old-for-apple/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Al Gore is officially too old to serve on Apple’s board
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 01:50:32 pm »
I wonder if Apple is going to use some type of hologram of Steve Jobs to put on the board of directors.

Now THAT would make a great Black Mirror type story!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 01:58:59 pm »
Too old? Are they sure?

Cut him open, and count the tree rings.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 02:25:16 pm »
I am sure the board will greatly miss the sage buisness advise,as well as the wit and wisdom of Goober Gore.

Any one suspect that there MIGHT be SOME slight connection between Goober's time in the WH and Gooberment contracts with Apple?

Can you say "money laundering with a no-show job"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 02:29:08 pm »
I am sure the board will greatly miss the sage buisness advise,as well as the wit and wisdom of Goober Gore.

Any one suspect that there MIGHT be SOME slight connection between Goober's time in the WH and Gooberment contracts with Apple?

Can you say "money laundering with a no-show job"?

That's a given, and honestly if you did enough research, you'll find that they barely hide it.

Same with the global warming Climate Change bullshit.  Enviro-whack-o-ism has made ManBearPig very rich.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 02:45:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 02:44:17 pm »
Algore was too old for anything years ago.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 07:23:23 pm »
Algore was too old for anything years ago.
Al Gore was too stupid for anything at birth, it was only do to daddy's connections and Armand Hammer's money that he was anybody...despite inventing the internet and along with Tipper being the influence behind Love Story :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 07:47:50 pm »
Something about idioic democratic VPOTUS' that have the mastery of the art of bullshit embellishment.