Author Topic: 10 Fastest-Declining Cities in the U.S., According to the Data  (Read 456 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 Fastest-Declining Cities in the U.S., According to the Data
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:40:24 am »

10 Fastest-Declining Cities in the U.S., According to the Data
Story by Adam Palasciano • 3d
1 / 12

If you're looking to retire early by moving to a new city or just want a change of scenery, many cities in the U.S. probably seem like promising candidates.

However, some of the most famous cities in the U.S. no longer appear to be hotspots, and many have turned ice-cold.

A recent FinanceBuzz study tracked growth and decline in cities over a three-year period that began with the last full pre-pandemic year (2019) and ended in 2022. Every U.S. city with a population above 200,000 people in 2019 was included, for a total of 117 cities.

Based on several criteria — from population change to new businesses and percentage of residents with debt in collections — these are the top 10 fastest-declining cities in the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/10-fastest-declining-cities-in-the-u-s-according-to-the-data/ss-AA1mEis4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5b7ae9e01a7a4e1b8ed3a5ec8413be17&ei=67
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 10 Fastest-Declining Cities in the U.S., According to the Data
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 11:41:20 am »
It appears all are run by democrats.  I don't know about Anchorage. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 12:52:02 pm »
NOLA and Baton Rouge are interchanagble.  BR really started going down the shitter when a chunk of NOLA was relocated up there after Katrina in 2005.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 01:07:31 pm »
I'm tired of taking in refugees from these blue places that are run by, and full of,  morons.  Florida is full. Come to visit but then go home.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 02:23:20 pm »
San Francisco
New Orleans
New York
Boston
Detroit
Chicago
Anchorage
Portland, Ore.
Honolulu
Baton Rouge

Most have Democrat (or outright communist, e.g., Boston and Chicago) mayors. Most of the above are distinguished mostly by the high crime rates, illegals and bums soiling the streets, and corrupt city government.

The mayor of Anchorage is a registered Republican and, it appears, quite a conservative, but the mayoral election is non-partisan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 02:47:07 pm »
NOLA and Baton Rouge are interchanagble.  BR really started going down the shitter when a chunk of NOLA was relocated up there after Katrina in 2005.

Mrs GrouchoTex and I used to make an annual Trek to New Orleans, but no more.
Only went one time after Katrina, and only stopped for lunch on our way back from vacation.