Author Topic: US and UK forces launch airstrikes against Iran-backed Houthis in response to Red Sea attacks  (Read 10703 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US and UK forces launch airstrikes against Iran-backed Houthis in response to Red Sea attacks

US-UK coalition strike Iran-backed Houthi targets in Yemen after spate of ship attacks in Red Sea
Yemen's Iranian-backed Houthi militants have stepped up attacks on commercial vessels in the Red Sea in recent weeks
By Bradford Betz Fox News
Published January 11, 2024 6:34pm EST

The United States and Britain carried out a series of air strikes on military locations belonging to Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen early Friday in response to the militant group's ongoing attacks on vessels traveling through the Red Sea.

Fox News is told there were attacks on more than a dozen Houthi targets by air, surface, and subsurface platforms.

The strikes came shortly after the White House called a lid on President Biden's engagements for the evening as he was not expected to discuss the matter publicly. It also follows news that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin had not notified the president of his whereabouts while he was in the ICU at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

In anticipation of the attack, Houthi forces transported some weapons and equipment and fortified others, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a U.S. defense official. Local reports indicated Houthi militants were evacuating the Red Sea city of Hodeidah.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-uk-coalition-strike-iran-backed-houthi-targets-yemen-spate-ship-attacks-red-sea
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
18s
The Houthis claim that they will “Forcefully Respond” to U.S. and British Naval Ships in the Red Sea.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
13m
“We Hit them pretty Hard, pretty Good,” stated by a U.S. Official regarding tonight’s Strikes against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Yemen.

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
19m
According to U.S. Defense Officials, Missile and Airstrikes against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Yemen have now Ended.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The WH has called a lid for the night per Fox
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
24m
·
Initial Reports of Houthi Forces in Western Yemen launching a Barrage of Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles towards U.S. Naval Ships in the Red Sea.

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
25m
Air Raid Sirens currently heard from the U.S. Embassy Compound in the “International Green Zone” of Baghdad, Iraq.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
The U.S. Department of Defense has announced that the United States and Britain with the Support of Australia, Bahrain, Canada, and the Netherlands have conducted Joint Missile and Airstrikes tonight against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Western Yemen, in order to prevent their further Targeting of Commercial Shipping in the Red Sea.

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
39m
U.S. Officials are reporting that a Submarine in the Red Sea is participating in the ongoing Operation, with Tomahawk Land-Attack Cruise Missile Strikes against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Western Yemen.

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
48m
According to CNN, the Strikes tonight against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Western Yemen are being carried by U.S. and British Aircraft as well as Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles launched by U.S. Naval Ships in the Red Sea.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Jerusalem Post
@Jerusalem_Post
·
29m
US Embassy in Iraq bombed - report.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
8m
U.S. President Joe Biden says U.S. and UK have "successfully conducted strikes against a number of targets in Yemen used by Houthi rebels". (Sky News)

Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
10m
The US and UK struck more than a dozen Houthi targets, including radar installations, storage sites and missile launchers, striking from fighter jets based on the USS Eisenhower aircraft carrier, as well as Tomahawk missiles launched from submarines and warships. (Bloomberg)
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lloyd Austin was fully briefed in his hospital bed after the attack. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe is safely tucked in to his bed for a good nights sleep.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Using million dollar missiles to blow up tents and junk yards.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
Israeli Government and Military Officials were notified by the United States prior to the Missile and Airstrikes tonight against the Houthi Terrorist Group in Yemen, with the Israeli Defense Force on “High Alert” for any kind of Retaliation by the Houthis or other Iranian-Backed Groups in the Region.
6:58 PM · Jan 11, 2024
Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

You don't seem to have much confidence in our Intel and target identification capabilities.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
You don't seem to have much confidence in our Intel and target identification capabilities.

I have none at this point under current Administration and DoD management.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I have none at this point under current Administration and DoD management.

That is a good point. And maybe it is only hope on my part that they have had enough time to pick some good targets.  At least for for the bigger weapons..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats slam Biden for bypassing Congress to strike Yemen
'The President needs to come to Congress,' Rep. Khanna said
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published January 11, 2024 8:25pm EST

Some House Democrats are frustrated with the Biden administration for striking Houthi positions in Yemen without Congressional approval on Thursday night.

"The President needs to come to Congress before launching a strike against the Houthis in Yemen and involving us in another middle east conflict," Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., wrote on X. "That is Article I of the Constitution.

"I will stand up for that regardless of whether a Democrat or Republican is in the White House," he added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-slam-biden-bypassing-congress-strike-yemen
Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Democrats slam Biden for bypassing Congress to strike Yemen
'The President needs to come to Congress,' Rep. Khanna said
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published January 11, 2024 8:25pm EST

Some House Democrats are frustrated with the Biden administration for striking Houthi positions in Yemen without Congressional approval on Thursday night.

"The President needs to come to Congress before launching a strike against the Houthis in Yemen and involving us in another middle east conflict," Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., wrote on X. "That is Article I of the Constitution.

"I will stand up for that regardless of whether a Democrat or Republican is in the White House," he added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-slam-biden-bypassing-congress-strike-yemen

Makes me wonder if old Joe actually knows.

Online Wingnut

Well they do have a "Best if used by" date.  The USA must Use them or give them to an enemy.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The houthis were warned for days this was coming...by the WH. So it really doesn't matter what capabilities are in play here, the WH revealed the intent giving the houthis plenty of advance warning to move.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Maybe we took out a few 100 militant muzzies while at it, and that would be money well spent
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.