Author Topic: DHS Secretary Mayorkas Skips House Impeachment Committee, Too Busy to Testify at Hearing  (Read 256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS Secretary Mayorkas Skips House Impeachment Committee, Too Busy to Testify at Hearing

Randy Clark 11 Jan 2024

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas refused a request from the House Committee on Homeland Security to appear on Thursday to answer questions regarding his handling of the migration crisis along the southwest border. According to a statement by Committee Chairman Mark E. Green, MD (R-TN), Mayorkas thumbed his nose at the latest request to appear before the committee, citing commitments to meet with a delegation of Mexican cabinet members next week.

The committee issued a statement critical of the secretary’s refusal of the latest request and previous invitations, providing Mayorkas multiple dates to appear before the members in a historic impeachment hearing. The most recent invitation from Chairman Green was issued on January 5, 2024, requesting Mayorkas’ appearance on January 18, 2024.

The invitation cites the previous declinations to appear by Mayorkas and reads, “I am in receipt of your responses to my August 16, 2023, and September 18, 2023, letters, declining to appear before the Committee on Homeland Security (Committee) to testify exclusively on the unprecedented border security crisis. I am writing again to reiterate my request.”

The letter goes on to clearly state the purpose of the request, adding, “Also, as you are aware, articles for your impeachment were filed in the House of Representatives and were referred to the Committee in November. Accordingly, we have initiated impeachment proceedings, of which your testimony will be a part.”

In a written response to the invitation from the committee reviewed by Breitbart Texas, the Secretary did not offer an alternative time to testify as the committee moves forward with hearing from other witnesses.

“In keeping with the Secretary’s commitment to cooperate with Congressional Committees, he will make himself available to testify before the Committee,” the DHS letter (attached below) states. The secretary did not commit to when that might be. “we look forward to working through the details with Committee staff and agreeing upon the date and structure of the hearing,” the letter continued.

The impeachment hearings are scheduled for the week of January 15.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/11/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-skips-house-impeachment-committee-too-busy-to-testify-at-hearing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
To busy doing what? Certainly not to busy doing his job for the American people as outlined in his job requirements or that he took an oath to perform. So I guess he's too busy doing work for Mexico, Central and South America, Africa, the Mid East, etc., etc., but first and foremost for democrat politicians.

Offline bilo

If you're not going to do anything to him why should he bother showing up.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home