Author Topic: Trump says he plans to attend E. Jean Carroll defamation trial  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he plans to attend E. Jean Carroll defamation trial
« on: January 11, 2024, 08:43:10 pm »
 Trump says he plans to attend E. Jean Carroll defamation trial
by Brett Samuels - 01/11/24 3:10 PM ET

Former President Trump on Thursday said he wants to attend all of his upcoming trials in person, and he plans to start next week with a trial over defamation damages involving writer E. Jean Carroll.

Trump delivered remarks and took questions at 40 Wall Street in New York City following his defense team’s closing arguments in a fraud trial over his business practices, where he sat in the courtroom for much of the proceedings earlier in the day.

The former president was asked whether he planned to attend the E. Jean Carroll, trial, scheduled to start Tuesday, the day after the Iowa caucuses.

“Yeah I’m going to go to it, and I’m going to explain I don’t know who the hell she is,” he said, claiming her case has been backed by Democratic operatives. Trump is barred from testifying that the sexual assault did not occur.

The trial will determine what Trump owes in defamation damages after a jury concluded last year that Trump sexually abused Carroll.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4403684-trump-says-he-plans-to-attend-e-jean-carroll-defamation-trial/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 08:44:29 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34