Author Topic: American intel officials warn of risk of Hezbollah attacking U.S.  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :thud:
Hezbollah has more capability to strike inside the U.S. than other terrorist groups like ISIS, officials say.

By ERIN BANCO and LARA SELIGMAN

01/10/2024 05:29 PM EST

U.S. officials assess that there’s a rising risk Lebanese Hezbollah militants will strike Americans in the Middle East — and even potentially hit inside the United States, four officials familiar with the intelligence told POLITICO.

The Iran-backed militant group would likely target U.S. personnel in the Middle East first, the officials said. And U.S. intelligence agencies are gathering data on Hezbollah that suggest it could be considering attacks on both U.S. troops or diplomatic personnel overseas, two of the officials said.

The chance for an assault on U.S. soil is also growing as tensions in the region escalate, the officials said.

“Hezbollah could draw on the capability they have … to put people [in] places to do something,” one of the officials said, referring to a potential attack on the U.S. “It is something to be worried about.” The official, like others in this story, was granted anonymity to talk freely about sensitive intelligence.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/10/american-intel-officials-hezbollah-u-s-attack-risk-00134874
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: American intel officials warn of risk of Hezbollah attacking U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 06:32:20 pm »
They wouldn't be much of a risk unless they have a small army already here. *bouche* Say!  You don't suppose they've been sneaking soldiers in via our open borders do you? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 06:35:36 pm »
While we have an open border superhighway to allow them to do exactly that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 07:45:34 pm »
You must remember how Slick Willie whined about 9-11 not happening on his watch, maybe this is part of the democrats plan in allowing/aiding/abetting not just illegals but terrorists flooding across the borders, to have a 9-11 type event before the election to prop up Captain Dementia, hoping a majority will not want to change horses in the middle of a national crisis.