Author Topic: Yeah, No – We’re Not Ready to Forgive Bud Light.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yeah, No – We’re Not Ready to Forgive Bud Light
Kurt Schlichter

Remember how we were boycotting Bud Light for trying to impose the cultural values of your standard Chardonnay-swilling divorced shut-in cat lady upon America? As you recall, Bud Light decided that it would celebrate some ugly dude who pretends to be an even uglier woman as some sort of hero, and then compounded it by having its wine woman – it’s always liberal wine women – executive explain that its consumers are a bunch of knuckle-dragging savages who are too stupid to understand the nuances of today’s society, which apparently means pretending dudes are chicks. It was obnoxious and gratuitously insulting to its audience and just caught fire. We are fed up with having giant faceless corporations trying to impose their garbage values on us, and Bud Light happened to step into the kill zone. And it got crushed.

So, whatever happened to that? What happened to the conservative unity? We finally took a scalp (a streak continued by the destruction of pinko Harvard’s reputation). Well, as conservatives often do, they have squandered their advantage for about 30 pieces of silver.

Bud Light looked at the conservative movement and did the smart thing. It paid tens of millions of dollars to a bunch of pseudo-conservative influencers to buy their acquiescence. It literally paid off a bunch of people whom we conservatives are supposed to respect to get them to tell us that, no, it’s all cool, it’s fine. Now, perhaps I am cynical. Perhaps they actually thought Bud Light had redeemed itself even before the suds corporation started stroking checks. Chet the Unicorn, who loves Bud Light, thinks so.

So, I guess we don’t need to be boycotting it anymore. Here, drink up this disgusting swell.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/01/11/yeah-no-were-not-ready-to-forgive-bud-light-n2633410
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Yeah, No – We’re Not Ready to Forgive Bud Light.. Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 07:37:15 pm »
The only thing that could sway conservative purchasers would be an actual mea culpa that distances the company from the transgender movement, which they will never do.

Personally, I think the best thing is if some other beer company bought out the brand name, so they could basically slam the former management with a new "Real Men of Genius" campaign slamming the morons who thought embracing transgenderism would be a good idea.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 08:21:55 pm »
I've been quite content with Yuengling when I occasionally have a beer.   I don't see that changing.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 09:56:59 pm »
I've been quite content with Yuengling when I occasionally have a beer.   I don't see that changing.

I don't know why anyone who can get Yuengling would settle for any of the mass-produced crap lagers out there.  It's about the same price and just a much, much better beer.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 10:33:43 pm »
AB isn't ready to apologize either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 12:04:31 am »
If I did drink, it sure wouldn't be that tranny fluid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis