Author Topic: Inflation Reignites: Consumer Prices Rose at a Faster Pace in December  (Read 481 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation Reignites: Consumer Prices Rose at a Faster Pace in December

John Carney 11 Jan 2024

Inflation accelerated more than December, marking the thirty-third consecutive month with annual prices rising significantly faster than the two percent target seen as healthy by the Federal Reserve.

The consumer-price index, the Labor Department’s broad measurement of what consumers pay for goods and services, rose 3.4 in December from a year earlier.

Economists were expecting a year-0ver-year increase of 3.2 percent. The 12-month gain was 3.1 percent in November.

Compared with the prior month, the CPI was up 0.3 percent, an acceleration from the gain of 0.2 percent in November and faster than the 0.2 percent forecast.

Consumer inflation hit its recent peak of 9.2 percent in June of 2022 and has since retreated as the Federal Reserve raised interest rates at a record pace and the Biden administration’s spending was reined in by lawmakers worried about extraordinarily large budget deficits.

The Department of Labor said that increased housing costs contributed over half of the monthly increase. The energy index rose 0.4 percent over the month, driven by higher electricity and gasoline prices.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/01/11/inflation-surged-more-than-expected-in-december/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Inflation Reignites: Consumer Prices Rose at a Faster Pace in December
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 02:51:08 pm »
2024 is gonna be a repeat of 2023 and your average Amercan will be squeezed hard.  Biden can't spin this as a great economy. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 02:55:45 pm »
2024 is gonna be a repeat of 2023 and your average Amercan will be squeezed hard.  Biden can't spin this as a great economy.

That doesn’t seem to be their strategy

Their main strategy is going to be a repeat of 2022
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 03:02:04 pm »
For those on this forum who wonder why some of us seem to be obsessed with spending cuts and a more rational fiscal and monetary policy, this is it right here.

With our current policies, government grows and becomes more powerful, but we become poorer and less free. And unless there’s a change, that will continue.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 03:07:00 pm »
I do a meticulous budget analysis every January, and my expenses went up 9.4%.  And I am guessing that is pretty accuate across the board.

So my message to all is.....  Unless your net worth went up 10% or so last year, and or augmented with a differential incremental raise........ you and everyone else in that boat is worse off in 2023. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 09:06:23 pm »
Yeah, inflation is dropping like a stone.

https://twitter.com/AZachParkinson/status/1745549249419378734
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 10:37:29 pm »
Yeah, inflation is dropping like a stone.

https://twitter.com/AZachParkinson/status/1745549249419378734

Seems the loony left and their enviro-whack-o subset loves graphical hockey sticks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.