Author Topic: Ohio House Votes to Override Governor’s Veto of Bill Banning Sex Changes for Minors, Trans Participa  (Read 1301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio House Votes to Override Governor’s Veto of Bill Banning Sex Changes for Minors, Trans Participation in Girls’ Sports

Katherine Hamilton 10 Jan 2024

Ohio House Republicans voted on Wednesday to override Gov. Mike DeWine’s (R) veto of a bill that would protect minors from sex change drugs and procedures and ban male participation on female sports teams.

The Ohio House, which has a Republican supermajority, voted 65-28 to override DeWine’s veto of House Bill 68 or “Enact Ohio Saving Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act,” in an effort they said will protect children and families and female sports teams from the consequences of the radical left’s embrace of gender ideology.

“Consultation with an ideologically captured physician does not grant parents the right to harm children through irreversible surgeries and harmful drugs,” Republican State Rep. Gary Click, the bill’s sponsor, said in remarks before the vote.

He said:

No parent has the constitutional right to harm their child. The same government that requires you to send your children to school, prohibits you from giving them illicit drugs, and can charge parents with neglect and abuse, also has the obligation to prevent parents and physicians from chemically castrating and sterilizing their children.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/10/ohio-house-votes-to-override-governors-veto-bill-banning-sex-changes-minors-trans-participation-girls-sports/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Will take a win when we can get them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Word is the State Senate does not have the votes to override.

Offline mountaineer

Saw a little of this on the news last night. Oh my gosh, the pro-child mutilation crowd was hysterical. Much gnashing of teeth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The same government that requires you to send your children to school, prohibits you from giving them illicit drugs, and can charge parents with neglect and abuse, also has the obligation to prevent parents and physicians from chemically castrating and sterilizing their children.

I absolutely abhor the woke trans movement, but this passage makes clear that Republicans are firmly in the camp of the nanny state.  In other words, they stand with parents until they don't. It takes a village is now conservative doctrine?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 12:51:09 pm by massadvj »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The same government that requires you to send your children to school, prohibits you from giving them illicit drugs, and can charge parents with neglect and abuse, also has the obligation to prevent parents and physicians from chemically castrating and sterilizing their children.

I absolutely abhor the woke trans movement, but this passage makes clear that Republicans are firmly in the camp of the nanny state.  In other words, they stand with parents until they don't. It takes a village is now conservative doctrine?

I don't know about Ohio but can assure you that there are currently plenty of big government RINOs in the Texas Government, but we are FINALLY getting around to weeding them out now. (They screwed the pooch voting for the Paxton impeachment.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Glad to see DeRine(o) get his butt slapped on this one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't know about Ohio but can assure you that there are currently plenty of big government RINOs in the Texas Government, but we are FINALLY getting around to weeding them out now. (They screwed the pooch voting for the Paxton impeachment.)

Flushin' them out like quail.   :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

The senate has 26 republicans and 7 democrats, so it's going to be overridden.  The Ohio AG is very likely to defend the law in court also.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Good. Sorry to be cynical but I think this country is going to split in the near future, and odd on either Texas or Florida being the new capitol.

Everyone in a red state needs to get their ducks in a row and the RINO's out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's not a done deal yet.
When does the OH senate vote?

Offline rustynail

... the Ohio Senate isn't scheduled to meet until Jan. 24.

Offline mountaineer

Ohio Senate overrides DeWine’s veto on transgender procedures bill
By Gabrielle M. Etzel
January 24, 2024 3:16 pm

The Ohio senate successfully overrode Gov. Mike DeWine’s veto on the controversial HB 68, which bans all gender transition medicine for minors and requires transgender athletes to play on teams matching their biological sex.

The senate voted 23-10 to enact the Save Adolescents from Experimentation, or SAFE, Act. The bill initially passed the Senate on Dec. 13 24-8.

The lower chamber already voted to override DeWine’s veto, meaning the bill will become law.  ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/2816117/ohio-senate-overrides-dewines-veto-on-transgender-procedures-bill/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Today, the Ohio Senate overrode Gov. DeWine's veto of a bill
that bans sex change surgeries on minors,
and bans transgender "girls" from participating in girls' sports.
The Ohio House overrode the veto a week or two ago.
The process is now complete.
The law will take effect 90 days from today, January 24, 2024.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Mod2