Author Topic: US Destroyers, Ike Aircraft Shoot Down Houthi-Launched Missiles, Drones Over Red Sea  (Read 413 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Destroyers, Ike Aircraft Shoot Down Houthi-Launched Missiles, Drones Over Red Sea
HEATHER MONGILIO
JANUARY 10, 2024 12:15 AM

USS Laboon (DDg-58), USS Gravely (DDG-107), USS Mason (DDg-87) and F/A-18s from USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69), along with the United Kingdom’s HMS Diamond (D34), shot down a number of Houthi-launched drones and missiles over the Red Sea, U.S. Central Command announced via social media site X Tuesday night.

The ships and aircraft shot down 18 one-way attack unmanned aerial vehicles, two anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile Tuesday at around 9:15 p.m. local time, CENTCOM said in the release.

The Houthis launched the drones and missiles toward the southern Red Sea, where merchant vessels transit through international shipping lanes, according to the release. It is not clear if a specific ship was targeted, but no injuries or damage to ships were reported.

Central Command marks this as the 26th time the Houthis have launched drones or missiles toward shipping lanes in the Red Sea.

https://news.usni.org/2024/01/10/us-destroyers-ike-aircraft-shoot-down-houthi-launched-missiles-drones-over-red-sea
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does the military have to apologize to Houthis for shooting down their missiles and drones to maintain there leading status in wokeness? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

"$2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does the military have to apologize to Houthis for shooting down their missiles and drones to maintain there leading status in wokeness? :whistle:

I am sure the Biden Company is showing the "proper" amount of groveling before the Potentates of Yemen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Apologize? No, as a matter of fact I think they should send them a thank you gift