Author Topic: Tim Curry's appearances on Criminal Minds tv show  (Read 627 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tim Curry's appearances on Criminal Minds tv show
« on: January 10, 2024, 03:46:00 pm »
This is one of those cases of "Ya just gotta see it to believe it" performances. If this had been a movie,he would have nailed an Oscar for his performance.

In the last episode  of Season 5 and the first episode of Season 6 he plays the role of an insane serial killer,and it the role of a lifetime. He nails it to the point when you forget he is an actor,and suspect he might really BE a serial killer.

You can see both  episodes for free at multiple sources that provide cable and Wi-Fi broadcasts of tv shows and movies,and it is well worth your time.

However,I do NOT recommend that those of you with small children view it while they are in the room.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Tim Curry's appearances on Criminal Minds tv show
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 03:54:54 pm »
Tim Curry is a great actor.  It's a shame that he's now largely immobile from a major stroke.  But he's still active on social media and gracious with his fans.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 04:50:15 pm »
Tim Curry is a great actor.  It's a shame that he's now largely immobile from a major stroke.  But he's still active on social media and gracious with his fans.

I saw him on one of the morning shows with don’t remember what anniversary it was of the “Rocky Horror Picture Show”

He looked rough. Very sad.

I have heard that he did some background vocals on “ Vengeance” by Carly Simon.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 07:59:00 pm »
He also made a nice dual career in video games, often hamming it up, most notably in THIS one:

An Oral History of Tim Curry’s Escape to the One Place Uncorrupted by Capitalism

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkv9q/an-oral-history-of-tim-currys-escape-to-the-one-place-uncorrupted-by-capitalism

https://youtu.be/U_U59u69tys

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 08:37:32 pm »

@Timber Rattler

Well,he ain't exactly a puppy,and Father Time has ZERO respect for all  of us.

It  is to his benefit that he did great things while he was younger,and will be remembered for them for a LONG time,given that video never dies.

His performances in The Rocky Horror Picture Show should have earned him a spot for all of eternity. The Criminal Minds performances are just icing on the  cake.

I may be wrong,but I can't think of one single movie or tv show where one actor performed at a level where it is still being played to  live  audiences,and the audiences are showing up and singing and dancing along with the actions in the movie.

He deserves a prime slot in the Hollywood Hall of Fame (if there is such a thing) for "Rocky Horror" alone. I can remember when it was first showing,and just driving around the block where the theater was to see the audience members  in line and dressed like the actors. Rocky Horror was definitely an "audience participation film" from day one. MAYBE even the only one.

BTW,"Meatloaf" should be honorable mention,too.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:44:06 pm by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 09:39:57 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 09:44:10 pm »
I never cared much for Rocky Horror Picture Show, I thought it was stupid.  And, I attended one of the "live" performances...did not amuse me.

But I really loved Tim Curry's other parts!  He played so many!  His range of parts rivals Peter Sellers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 10:10:44 pm »
@Timber Rattler

Well,he ain't exactly a puppy,and Father Time has ZERO respect for all  of us.

It  is to his benefit that he did great things while he was younger,and will be remembered for them for a LONG time,given that video never dies.

His performances in The Rocky Horror Picture Show should have earned him a spot for all of eternity. The Criminal Minds performances are just icing on the  cake.

I may be wrong,but I can't think of one single movie or tv show where one actor performed at a level where it is still being played to  live  audiences,and the audiences are showing up and singing and dancing along with the actions in the movie.

He deserves a prime slot in the Hollywood Hall of Fame (if there is such a thing) for "Rocky Horror" alone. I can remember when it was first showing,and just driving around the block where the theater was to see the audience members  in line and dressed like the actors. Rocky Horror was definitely an "audience participation film" from day one. MAYBE even the only one.

BTW,"Meatloaf" should be honorable mention,too.

I must respectfully disagree. I've been to many concerts where the audience dressed up and acted out with the performers. The funniest being a ZZ Top concert where all the men had on fake (?) beards. As far as musicals...Rent immediately comes to mind. Just not as flamboyant.

I tried watching RHPS on tv and it didn't flick my bic. But I'll bet a live performance would definitely be an experience.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 10:15:10 pm »

I must respectfully disagree. I've been to many concerts where the audience dressed up and acted out with the performers. The funniest being a ZZ Top concert where all the men had on fake (?) beards. As far as musicals...Rent immediately comes to mind. Just not as flamboyant.

I tried watching RHPS on tv and it didn't flick my bic. But I'll bet a live performance would definitely be an experience.

Oh, it's an experience, if you can take all the blatant homosexuality of the live players (depending on your town.  I saw it in Tempe, home of Arizona State University).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 10:45:59 pm »

@berdie

Different strokes for different folks.

Entertainment has always been selective.

BTW,I have never been to a live "Rocky" showing,either. Not a big fan of being part of a crowd with strangers.