Author Topic: The Most Ominous Biden Speech Yet (Jeffrey Tucker)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Most Ominous Biden Speech Yet (Jeffrey Tucker)
« on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:39 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/the-most-ominous-biden-speech-yet-5560475

The Most Ominous Biden Speech Yet
by Jeffrey A. Tucker
1/10/2024

Note: when reading at the Epoch Times, you may need to use "reader mode" (Safari has this), or, disable javascript in your browser (easily done with free add-ons or extensions)

Excerpts:
As a kid, I could never understand how the Soviet Union imagined itself to be a democracy. Now I get it. You need a one-party state in charge to keep the enemies of democracy at bay, and so long as they do, you have preserved democracy. You see?

In essence, the Biden campaign is overtly enemy-izing half the country, or maybe two-thirds of the country, or maybe everyone not in the 1 percent of ruling class overlords. It’s extremely creepy because it seems authentic in some way, as if they really believe their rhetoric.

There’s a psychological basis for why they’re so good at describing the anti-democratic ambitions of the opposition. It’s called projection. They get it because they are it.

For most of my life, I’ve been able to trust that anyone in elected office in the United States accepted the rules of the game that we play in this country. The rulers are elected by popular vote, and then they go to the halls of government and represent our interests. If they fail, we the people kick them out and replace them with someone else. This system trains people who aspire to be statesmen to pay close attention to the people’s wishes.

Nothing that I can ever recall shook my belief that this was an accepted and incontrovertible tenet of the U.S. civic faith. Today, it seems as if a line has been crossed. It appears that the people and regime associated with Biden Inc. no longer believe that. They need total power without challenge forever. ... in the name of preserving the democratic ideal. Notice that they rally around the ideal, not the practice, because if we practice it, they might lose power!
All that aside, President Trump is merely the scapegoat, the bête noire of the hour, the person whom they’ve chosen to enemy-ize. But it isn’t just him. It’s his supporters. It’s anyone who doubts the wisdom and vision of the party in power. It’s most of the country!

Pick any dystopian parable that you want, even “A Bug’s Life” (which is an underrated film, by the way). Every would-be dictator needs to scapegoat a threat real or imagined that’s worse than what we have now. Is this the whole of the Biden playbook? It certainly looks like it.

We’ve sunk very deeply from when the worst thing that you could say about U.S. political culture is that it had too much negativity and was dominated by “sound bites.” My goodness, looking back, those seem like the good old days. We seem to be headed to much darker places. So far, unless something dramatic happens, it would appear that the 2024 election cycle is going to take us there.

More at URL above...

Offline LMAO

Re: The Most Ominous Biden Speech Yet (Jeffrey Tucker)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 04:58:52 pm »
They use this because it works. Their target has made their job easier.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 06:44:59 pm »
They use this because it works. Their target has made their job easier.
...and they have been doing this for a long time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 07:41:50 pm »
...and they have been doing this for a long time.

...back when it was more difficult to paint a President as an insurrectionist.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: