Author Topic: Defiant, emotional Menendez says he received ‘absolutely nothing’ from Qatar  (Read 223 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Defiant, emotional Menendez says he received ‘absolutely nothing’ from Qatar
by Al Weaver - 01/09/24 12:13 PM ET

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) on Tuesday delivered a defiant and at times emotional speech, denying he had received lavish gifts in exchange for aiding the Qatari government and showing no signs he is prepared to resign.

The New Jersey Democrat said on the Senate floor, a week after federal prosecutors filed a second superseding indictment against him, that he received “absolutely nothing” from Qatar and intensely criticized what he argued is a relentless campaign by prosecutors to get him to resign.

Menendez also choked up at times, saying that he is “suffering greatly” as a result of the charges.

“The United States Attorney’s Office is engaged not in a prosecution, but a persecution. They seek a victory, not justice,” Menendez said, calling the allegations “sensationalized.” “It’s an unfortunate reality but prosecutors sometimes shoot first before they even know all the facts.”

“I have received nothing – absolutely nothing – from the government of Qatar or on behalf of the government of Qatar to promote their image or their issues,” Menendez said.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s office, Menendez received a pair of tickets for a Formula One race in 2022, gold bars and cash. He was also offered a $24,000 watch, prosecutors allege, but it was unclear whether he was actually given it.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4397720-defiant-emotional-menendez-qatar/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.