Author Topic: Ray Epps, subject of Jan. 6 conspiracy theories, sentenced to one year probation  (Read 614 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ray Epps, subject of Jan. 6 conspiracy theories, sentenced to one year probation
by Ella Lee - 01/09/24 11:53 AM ET
An Arizona man at the center of the Capitol attack’s most persistent conspiracy theories was sentenced Tuesday to a year of probation for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

Ray Epps, 62, pleaded guilty in September to one count as part of a deal with Justice Department prosecutors. He admitted to engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds after storming the Capitol.

A onetime supporter of former President Trump, whose false claims of election fraud spurred his trip to Washington three years ago, Epps’s sentencing got underway at the same time Trump was in D.C.’s federal courthouse.

Trump’s legal team is arguing before a D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals panel that his federal election interference case should be dismissed because he was acting in his official capacity as president.

Epps was also ordered Tuesday to pay $500 in restitution and to serve 100 hours of community service.

Prosecutors requested six months in prison for Epps, whom they said engaged in a “rugby scrum-like group effort” to shove past police officers.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/4397624-ray-epps-jan-6-conspiracy-theories-sentenced/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ray Epps, subject of Jan. 6 conspiracy theories, sentenced to one year probation

Wait....   Didn't some of the protestors who didn't even go into the Capitol get 5 years?  WTF
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

----------
@amuse
@amuse
COVERUP: In a secret sentencing hearing Ray Epps was given one year of probation, $500 in restitution, and 100 hours of community service. Epps never spent an hour in jail and was allowed to attend the hearing from home.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:50:29 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
Ray Epps encouraged people to riot at the Capitol on January 6 but was...

- Never held in pretrial detention
- Got puff pieces from 60 Minutes and the New York Times
- Walked free for two years before being charged
- Given a plea deal on one misdemeanor
- Attended his sentencing hearing by phone
- Will spend zero days behind bars
2:05 PM · Jan 9, 2024

TallDave
@TallDave7
really weird how none of the lefties are upset Epps got off so easy 
it's like they all know
2:34 PM · Jan 9, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the cherry on top for selective prosecution. Is there any recourse for all those who did lesser or equal and got a much harsher result?
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

This is the cherry on top for selective prosecution. Is there any recourse for all those who did lesser or equal and got a much harsher result?

Not until there’s a more fair minded attorney general, and not one hell-bent on revenge for not being appointed to the Supreme Court
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy