Author Topic: Biden campaign routinely meets with reporters off the record to 'tell them what they're getting wron  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden campaign routinely meets with reporters off the record to 'tell them what they're getting wrong': report
The meetings were said to be "substantive" and "productive," except one with the New York Times.

Thomas Stevenson
Jan 8, 2024

The Biden re-election campaign has been taking reporters and editors from corporate media outlets to Wilmington, Delaware in off-the-record trips. On the Biden team's agenda is to instruct the reporters on "what they’re getting wrong," with campaign officials invoking a coverage spreadsheet that discusses where the team believes the outlets' reporting is not up to par.

A report from Semafor details that the employees from outlets such as the Washington Post, New York Times, and others have been given coverage spreadsheets to let journalists know where the campaign believes the outlets have done poorly.

Biden officials have felt that the outlets have been focusing too much on the legal battles associated with former President Donald Trump and that they aren't paying as much attention to Trump's statements on the campaign trail.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=7.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson