Author Topic: Biden administration in hot seat for sending Congress ‘incomplete’ records for censorship investigat  (Read 473 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration in hot seat for sending Congress ‘incomplete’ records for censorship investigation
By
Gabe Kaminsky
January 9, 2024 6:28 am
EXCLUSIVE — The State Department is facing heightened scrutiny from the House GOP for providing congressional investigators with “incomplete” grant records, including on the agency bankrolling organizations that silence conservative voices online.

Republicans on the House Small Business Committee are re-upping a request to the State Department-housed Global Engagement Center for information on awards the office dished out, including to groups such as the Global Disinformation Index, a British think tank that, the Washington Examiner reported, aims to strip revenue from conservative media outlets. The request is part of the panel’s broader inquiry into “government censorship and revenue interference of American small businesses by proxy,” lawmakers informed GEC Special Envoy and Coordinator James Rubin in a letter Monday.

“The GEC has funded a myriad of companies that label beliefs running afoul of the radical left’s agenda as ‘disinformation,'” House Small Business Committee Chairman Roger Williams (R-TX) and Rep. Beth Van Duyne (R-TX) wrote in the letter to Rubin. “Despite your recent claim that ‘[w]e are not in the business of deciding what is true or not true,’ the third parties receiving GEC funds focus overwhelmingly on ‘right-wing misinformation’ rather than misinformation across the political spectrum. It is clear the Biden Administration considers itself the arbiter of truth.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2789357/biden-administration-gop-incomplete-records-censorship-investigation/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 04:25:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This administration being dishonest is nearly akin to God being dishonest! 8bs8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd but clever behavior for an advanced dementia victim nearly utterly braindead, so don't blame him!
 :silly: :tongue2: :chairbang: :tongue2:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Biden administration in hot seat for sending Congress ‘incomplete’ records for censorship investigation

8bs8

Nothing but strongly worded letters will result. Hot Seat my @$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

State Department threatening to obstruct ‘censorship’ investigation

https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/1758864236581670970
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

8bs8

Nothing but strongly worded letters will result. Hot Seat my @$$!

Exactly my thoughts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.