Author Topic: DOD leaders often overlook officers’ education in future assignments  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DOD leaders often overlook officers’ education in future assignments
By Leo Shane III
 Jan 8, 04:38 PM

Thousands of officers complete professional military education programs each year, but Defense Department leaders frequently don’t consider that expertise and experience in students’ future leadership assignments, according to a new analysis of the system by an outside think tank.

The review — mandated by Congress and conducted by the RAND Corporation — said the ongoing education programs are robust and well-utilized, offering significant value to the military services. But researchers said too often that extra coursework is seen as an end to itself, and not used to help guide officers to career paths where they can put the knowledge to work.

“Services and schools repeatedly reported that post-graduation assignments often do not build on the skills that graduates learn during their PME experiences,” the report stated. “This disparity has been consistently reported and is also a source of frustration for military students.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/01/08/dod-leaders-often-overlook-officers-education-in-future-assignments/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DOD leaders often overlook officers’ education in future assignments
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 04:03:49 pm »
Especially when DEI is more important than any other qualification. *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson