Author Topic: HII warns of potential carrier, amphib issues in FY25 budget request  (Read 150 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HII warns of potential carrier, amphib issues in FY25 budget request
By Megan Eckstein
 Jan 8, 05:05 PM

ARLINGTON, Va. — HII is bracing itself for two big challenges in the Pentagon’s next budget request: the likelihood that money won’t start flowing for the next aircraft carrier as early as industry needs, and the potential for an extended pause in amphibious ship production, the company’s chief executive said.

Chris Kastner told reporters Monday that the Navy should adopt a 2-3-4 strategy for aircraft carriers: Buy two at a time, with three years of advanced procurement funding for each, spaced four years apart.

This plan, he said, would optimize construction at the company’s Newport News Shipbuilding yard in Virginia and benefit thousands of suppliers.

The Navy in 2019 simultaneously bought its last two carriers, the Enterprise and the Doris Miller, with hull numbers 80 and 81, respectively.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2024/01/08/hii-warns-of-potential-carrier-amphib-issues-in-fy25-budget-request/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: HII warns of potential carrier, amphib issues in FY25 budget request
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 03:53:40 pm »
Really?  Potential problems in the military future? NO WAY!  Our woke military has only our freedoms in mind. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson