Author Topic: Some Gen Z job seekers are bringing mom and dad to interviews, and it's turning off employers, new s  (Read 1776 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Some Gen Z job seekers are bringing mom and dad to interviews, and it's turning off employers, new survey finds
Story by sbhaimiya@insider.com (Sawdah Bhaimiya)  •
22h

Some employers say young professionals are entitled and get offended too easily. 

A survey found some employers favor older workers to avoid hiring recent college graduates.
Intelligent surveyed 800 managers, directors, and executives involved in hiring.

One in five of the employers said a college graduate showed up with a parent for a job interview.
Some employers said they'd be willing to offer older professionals more benefits and higher salaries to avoid hiring new college graduates, a recent survey found.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/some-gen-z-job-seekers-are-bringing-mom-and-dad-to-interviews-and-it-s-turning-off-employers-new-survey-finds/ar-AA1mCN49?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a67bc2a85ab64fccbeef2aba6cf3ea29&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is truly disgusting - and SCARY!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Sounds like a good opportunity for the employer to lecture the parents on where they went wrong. Lesson one: don't raise a child to be an entitled brat of a snowflake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

This is truly disgusting - and SCARY!!

And embarrassing

My first job interview I went to I was 15 years old and went to it myself
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Polly Ticks

What kind of a parent would agree to go to an adult child's job interview?  I think I'm seeing where things went wrong with these kids ....
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Reminds me of a movie quote from Arthur.

Arthur: Hobson?
Hobson: Yes.
Arthur: Do you know what I'm going to do?
Hobson: No, I don't.
Arthur: I'm going to take a bath.
Hobson: I'll alert the media.
Arthur: [rises] Do you want to run my bath for me?
Hobson: That's what I live for.
[Arthur exits]
Hobson: Perhaps you would like me to come in there and wash your dick for you, you little shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

What kind of a parent would agree to go to an adult child's job interview?  I think I'm seeing where things went wrong with these kids ....

They probably are afraid their kids would screw up the interview and not get the job

But that’s how you learn. You make mistakes, but you learn from them. We’re raising generations of kids that believe they should be coddled throughout their whole life.

I don’t recall his name, but we used to have a poster on this forum that believed that we should have universal everything because kids today struggle when they get out on their own for the first time.

Who didn’t have a tough go at it when they first left their parents house and started out in life?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Some employers said they'd be willing to offer older professionals more benefits and higher salaries to avoid hiring new college graduates, a recent survey found.

Oh how the worm is turned! It used to be that employers would dump older employees in favor of cheaper, younger employees or not hire older employees because of higher costs of wages and insurance no matter how well qualified(ask me how I know). It didn't take too long for those employers to find out that many, many young workers are far more expensive with tardiness, wasted time on the job, constant calling in sick or taking time off. Who knew that actual productivity was important?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Millennials did the same thing. It's partly their fault, but it's also the fault of their helicopter control freak parents.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

Agreed. And at some time these "kids" will have to be on their own and have no coping abilities what so ever.

Offline mountaineer

Agreed. And at some time these "kids" will have to be on their own and have no coping abilities what so ever.
Their kids end up even more screwed up than they.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This story cracks me up.  There is no way I would have ever had my parents accompany me on a job interview, and I started at 14 when I interviewed for a newspaper delivery gig.

I read a few years ago that some people have their shrink go to interviews, this is insanity!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yup, and I wore a suit and tie.

Common man.  You wore a leisure suit

Online Wingnut

Last interview I had for a job was with an HR guy. They were hiring fresh faced college kids, but my head hunter snuck me in for an interview.  Long story short. 1st interview they told me I was over qualified (Code for I was too old) and they thanked me for coming in. Two weeks later I got a call and asked if I was able to meet with the Head of HR. So I said sure.  Drove up to the companies HQ and had a second interview. The guy said he was not looking for a person like me (45 and white) but he was in a bind trying to fill 20 spots. 

Online GtHawk

Common man.  You wore a leisure suit
Well yeah he did, but ya gotta keep in mind the interviewers name was Larry :whistle:

Online GtHawk

Last interview I had for a job was with an HR guy. They were hiring fresh faced college kids, but my head hunter snuck me in for an interview.  Long story short. 1st interview they told me I was over qualified (Code for I was too old) and they thanked me for coming in. Two weeks later I got a call and asked if I was able to meet with the Head of HR. So I said sure.  Drove up to the companies HQ and had a second interview. The guy said he was not looking for a person like me (45 and white) but he was in a bind trying to fill 20 spots.
I can't count how many times I was told I was overqualified (did they even look at my application and job experience), this after taking their tests and being told I was the number one or number two candidate and then there were the times that I was all but told I was too White, the most obvious was from the maint supervisor for the Lynwood CA. unified school district where he pointed at the two employees in the office with him, one Black, one Hispanic and him Samoan and said I really don't think you'd be a good fit here do you?

Online Wingnut

I can't count how many times I was told I was overqualified (did they even look at my application and job experience), this after taking their tests and being told I was the number one or number two candidate and then there were the times that I was all but told I was too White, the most obvious was from the maint supervisor for the Lynwood CA. unified school district where he pointed at the two employees in the office with him, one Black, one Hispanic and him Samoan and said I really don't think you'd be a good fit here do you?

They hired me.  Of the 19 other fresh faced 23 y/o's college grads they hired and trained..two were fired for having sex in the pool at our sales convention. One was arrested for stalking the HR secretary. One was shot in downtown Atlanta (wrong place wrong time). 4 Nigerian diversity hires were fired for visa violations. All in all, after ten years only one guy was still with us. 

Offline Hoodat

he pointed at the two employees in the office with him, one Black, one Hispanic and him Samoan and said I really don't think you'd be a good fit here do you?

No, not if a bunch of anti-white racists work here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

One was arrested for stalking the HR secretary.

Nice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I read a few years ago that some people have their shrink go to interviews, this is insanity!

If I was an employer, I would hire someone who came to the interview with their parents long before I would hire anybody who showed up to the interview with their psychologist

That’s a flashing red flag right there

Barry Goldwater

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I was an employer, I would hire someone who came to the interview with their parents long before I would hire anybody who showed up to the interview with their psychologist

That’s a flashing red flag right there

If you hired a guy like that, you would know he will immediately start filing claims against your Insurance.  You would be paying for the shrink.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

None of this bodes well for our future. I remember when Rush, during the 90s and part of the 2000s, he would read stories about about participation  trophies, and schools that would discourage homework, because the bags to carry their books would become too heavy. I used to hear those stories and think to myself, “ what happens when those kids grow up?”

And then they become young adults, and they go to the university system, which is even worse. Everything you see today happening is the end result of all that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 04:33:18 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

Yesterday morning, I drove in the rain to a medical appointment. A school bus stopped ahead of me, so I could observe that one of the kids who got on the bus had exited the family car at the end of the family's driveway immediately before boarding the bus. The parent then backed the car toward the garage. This kid, who appeared to be at least middle school age, in other words, was not expected nor required to walk 20-25' in the rain - less than half the distance from the pitcher's mound to home plate - to get to the bus. And we wonder why they're so helpless as to want mommy to accompany them on the job interview.