Author Topic: Biden is asking for Mexican help to stop the record surge of migrants. Here's what Mexico wants in r  (Read 279 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden is asking for Mexican help to stop the record surge of migrants. Here's what Mexico wants in return.
Mexico brings major leverage to negotiations, as Biden needs Mexican help to fix a problem that is driving down his poll numbers, said three U.S. officials.

Jan. 8, 2024, 6:30 AM EST
By Julia Ainsley
The Biden administration is increasingly leaning on Mexico to curb the record flow of migrants crossing into the U.S., but Mexico has its own lists of ambitious asks for the U.S., say officials from both governments familiar with the discussions.

Previous measures taken by the Biden administration to stem the migrant surge have led to only temporary dips in the numbers, and in late December, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Secretary of State Antony Blinken went to Mexico to meet with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to ask for greater assistance. Those conversations were “preliminary,” the officials said, and did not result in hard promises from either side.

In a press conference on Friday, López Obrador called on the U.S. to approve a plan that would deploy $20 billion to Latin American and Caribbean countries, suspend the U.S. blockade of Cuba, remove all sanctions against Venezuela and grant at least 10 million Hispanics living in the U.S. the right to remain and work legally.

All of those are extremely tall demands of an administration headed into a re-election campaign that may hinge on how firmly Biden is able to get control of the southern U.S. border, which saw a record 300,000 migrants processed by Customs and Border Protection in December.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-asks-mexico-help-stop-record-surge-migrants-rcna132711?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=659beacd453ee700013c53a9&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America loses either way so tell Mejijco to go f*ck itself! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

America loses either way so tell Mejijco to go f*ck itself! 9999hair out0000

Oh come on now, Joe is mentally capable of making a better deal. He'll put his foot down and tell Mexico that they either comply or he'll build a wall, start mass deportations and take firm action against those trying to cross into the U.S.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's not Mexico's job to defend and secure America's borders.

"... and grant at least 10 million Hispanics living in the U.S. the right to remain and work legally."

11 million illegal immigrants were granted amnesty under the 1986/87 Immigration Reform Act in exchange for the promise of increase immigration law enforcement.  The Dems and Globalist Republicans have welched on enforcement.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 04:35:04 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.