Author Topic: Brazile: Trump-appointed Supreme Court justices don’t owe him ‘one thing’ on ballot ban  (Read 1818 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Brazile: Trump-appointed Supreme Court justices don’t owe him ‘one thing’ on ballot ban
by Sarah Fortinsky - 01/07/24 2:02 PM ET

Former Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile said Sunday that U.S. Supreme Court justices appointed by former President Trump don’t owe him “one thing” and should not treat him differently when they hear arguments in his appeal of the Colorado Supreme Court decision removing the former president from the state’s primary ballot under the 14th Amendment.

The U.S. Supreme Court announced late Friday it would hear Trump’s appeal of the Colorado decision, which affirmed a lower court ruling that Trump engaged in insurrection and ruled that under the 14th Amendment’s “insurrection clause,” Trump could not hold public office again.

Trump appointed three of the nine current justices to the bench and resisted pressure to pull the nomination of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who faced sexual assault allegations during the confirmation process and whose appointment to the court was almost derailed.

“Brett Kavanaugh and the Republican justices do not owe Donald Trump one thing,” Brazile said in a panel discussion on ABC News’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4394160-brazile-trump-appointed-supreme-court-justices-dont-owe-him-one-thing-on-ballot-ban/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Can't stand her, but she's right about this.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I have a sinking feeling that the left is going to use this as fodder in the future to pack the court, if and when his 3 appointees rightfully vote 3-0 in his favor.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I have a sinking feeling that the left is going to use this as fodder in the future to pack the court, if and when his 3 appointees rightfully vote 3-0 in his favor.

I honestly don't think that'll happen.  The hard left is convinced they're right, but I don't think the mass of the country - including some Democrats - buy it.   If they didn't pack it after the abortion case, they won't get it for this.

Offline LMAO

I honestly don't think that'll happen.  The hard left is convinced they're right, but I don't think the mass of the country - including some Democrats - buy it.   If they didn't pack it after the abortion case, they won't get it for this.

Packing the court would set a bad precedent. Even Biden in his dementia state seems to grasp that. They'll fundraise and use the coming  ruling in Trump's favor to fire their left wing base
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In Trump's mind, 3 Justices owe him, big time.

Let's see how the Roberts' SCOTUS navigates Trump's legal quicksand.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

Even a broken clock is  right twice a day,which is more than you can say for her. I suspect she just accidentally stumbled across a truth,and  it shocked her so much she had to repeat it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In Trump's mind, 3 Justices owe him, big time.

Let's see how the Roberts' SCOTUS navigates Trump's legal quicksand.

@DefiantMassRINO

They don't owe him a damn thing. They were selected to serve the country  and the US Constitution,not ANY individual.

Online mountaineer

The justices owe loyalty to the Constitution, which I suspect she hates as much as she hates Trump.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Ditto, she is correct, although leftists employ the opposite standard when it comes to judges they appoint.  As for Brazile, I actually feel sorry for her.  The way she was treated by the Gore campaign in 2000 was abysmal.  Yet she keeps returning to the plantation as a dog returning to its own vomit.  If there is anyone on this planet who can call out the Democrat Party as being the party of racism, it is her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

@DefiantMassRINO

They don't owe him a damn thing. They were selected to serve the country  and the US Constitution,not ANY individual.

Exactly right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The justices owe loyalty to the Constitution, which I suspect she hates as much as she hates Trump.

Exactly.  The Justices do not "owe" Trump anything, but they owe the rest of the US everything.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Exactly.  The Justices do not "owe" Trump anything, but they owe the rest of the US everything.

Justices are required to take two oaths before assuming the bench.

Oath one:

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Oath two:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear or affirm that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________, according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

Those two oaths, and only them, are what they owe allegiance to.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 05:09:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Justices are required to take two oaths before assuming the bench.

Oath one:

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Oath two:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear or affirm that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________, So help me God."according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the constitution and laws of the United States.

Those two oaths, and only them, are what they owe allegiance to.

Ah, now I see the loophole the leftists use for pissing on the Constitution **nononono*

Offline Polly Ticks

This is an obvious statement.  No Supreme Court Justice owes anything to the President who appointed him or her. 

However, the fact that she feels compelled to state it leads me to believe that she thinks the converse is true, and that any justice appointed by a Democrat President owes his or her vote on a given case to that President's liberal ideology.

Guilty people always accuse you of doing what they themselves are doing. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Ditto, she is correct, although leftists employ the opposite standard when it comes to judges they appoint.  As for Brazile, I actually feel sorry for her.  The way she was treated by the Gore campaign in 2000 was abysmal.  Yet she keeps returning to the plantation as a dog returning to its own vomit.  If there is anyone on this planet who can call out the Democrat Party as being the party of racism, it is her.

Any sympathy I could ever have had for her vanished when she cheated in the 2016 primary debates, when she was employed by CNN and slipped the Clinton campaign the questions to be asked ahead of the debate with Bernie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ah, now I see the loophole the leftists use for pissing on the Constitution **nononono*

@GtHawk

Why would they need a loophole when they can't be fired?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@DefiantMassRINO

:yowsa:

It remains that no one should be deprived of being on a ballot for merely having been accused of something. That is not Due Process, it is not a conviction.

If Marion Berry could run for (and be reelected) DC Mayor after having been caught doing coke with some gal in the motel room, Trump should have no problem getting on the ballot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It remains that no one should be deprived of being on a ballot for merely having been accused of something. That is not Due Process, it is not a conviction.

If Marion Berry could run for (and be reelected) DC Mayor after having been caught doing coke with some gal in the motel room, Trump should have no problem getting on the ballot.

To quote North American strongman Marion Barry himself, "Da bitch set me up!".

Oddly enough, he was actually right about that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

You are right. In a fair and sane world,that would be true.

However.............

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

You are right. In a fair and sane world,that would be true.

However.............
We know, it's because Marion Berry wasn't afflicted with a very light complexion.

(Wait....didn't that spray tan stuff make Trump a person of color?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

However, the fact that she feels compelled to state it leads me to believe that she thinks the converse is true, and that any justice appointed by a Democrat President owes his or her vote on a given case to that President's liberal ideology.

Guilty people always accuse you of doing what they themselves are doing.

Correctamundo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Correctamundo.

@Hoodat

Well,the entire leadership of the DNC are all "good little comrades" because THAT is where the money and  the power lies.