Author Topic: Houthis have attacked ships in the Red Sea 25 times since November  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Houthis have attacked ships in the Red Sea 25 times since November
By Meghann Myers
 Thursday, Jan 4

The Yemen-based Houthi militia launched another attack on shipping lanes in the Red Sea on Thursday morning, the commander of 5th Fleet confirmed to reporters, bringing the total number of attacks since Nov. 18 to 25.

The attack was conducted using a one-way unmanned surface vehicle, Vice Adm. Brad Cooper said, the first attack of this kind since the Houthis began targeting the Red Sea in the fall.

“Fortunately, there were no casualties and no ships were hit, but the introduction of a one-way attack USV is a concern,” he said, adding that it was unclear what the drone was targeting.

A one-way USV can be launched and then loiter in place for hours while operators search for a target.

Around 55 countries have been affected by the attacks so far, Cooper said, either because of the ships’ flags, the origin or destination of the goods on board, or the nationalities of the crew.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/01/04/houthis-have-attacked-ships-in-the-red-sea-25-times-since-november/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Houthis have attacked ships in the Red Sea 25 times since November
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 03:44:55 pm »
It is time to kick Houti booty and turn them into shark feed! :MiniGun:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 03:47:17 pm »

Time for the Houtis to be Houtwas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 03:52:32 pm »

That's a waste.  More appropriate and apt to pull them out of the water and take the corpses to the nearest band of feral hogs for devourment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 04:32:28 pm »
That's a waste.  More appropriate and apt to pull them out of the water and take the corpses to the nearest band of feral hogs for devourment.

I could live with that too.
Thomas Jefferson