Author Topic: The Navy and Politics: Questions That Deserve Answers  (Read 156 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy and Politics: Questions That Deserve Answers
« on: January 07, 2024, 03:15:34 pm »
The Navy and Politics: Questions That Deserve Answers
By Brent Ramsey
January 06, 2024U.S. Navy photo by MC2 Jacob Mattingly

Introduction
Recently there has been an increase in naval threats around the world. The Navy’s readiness and reach is being tested all around the world. These matters have been documented in detail in the press, by the Heritage Foundation in its comprehensive annual reports, and by the Congressional Research Service. The nation and its Navy are being challenged, even attacked on the high seas by enemies who no longer fear us. These are matters of grave concern. Yet, the Navy’s senior leaders continue to promote the notion that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is an essential prerequisite for Navy success and that climate change is one of the Navy’s top threats. The focus on DEI, climate change, and other social justice interests of the political left are a distraction and a significant diversion of precious resources and time from higher priorities. These are resources that the Navy can ill afford to squander. The following are questions about political distractions that are actively promoted in the Navy of 2023 and their import and consequences:

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Virtually every website, every announcement proclaims the Navy’s devotion to DEI. DEI is the subject of training, seminars, and conferences. There is evidence that this DEI emphasis is adversely affecting morale, retention, and recruiting. What evidence does the Navy have that DEI emphasis is having a positive effect?

Does the Navy have data that shows DEI emphasis improves readiness or performance? If so, why has this data not been provided to the public? Does the Navy collect data on the diversity of ship/unit crews and the readiness of diverse crews as opposed to non-diverse crews? If not, why not? If yes, does the data show that diverse crews perform better than non-diverse crews? If diverse crews do not perform any better than any other crews, what is the rationale for promoting DEI?

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/01/06/the_navy_and_politics_questions_that_deserve_answers_1003215.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Navy and Politics: Questions That Deserve Answers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 03:17:34 pm »
Many people in the military, and politicians, claim the military isn't a woke organization.  But there is no program more woke than DEI which has been proven to be a total hoax and failure.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson