Author Topic: Biden Administration Grossly Overreported Jobs Numbers in 2023, and There's More Bad News  (Read 734 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Administration Grossly Overreported Jobs Numbers in 2023, and There's More Bad News
By Bonchie | 8:38 AM on January 07, 2024

Has the Biden administration been purposely misleading Americans about the nation's jobs numbers? That's a fair question to ask after the final tally of "revisions" became clear after the New Year.
Advertisement

Per a new report, the total number of jobs overreported clocked in at a whopping 439,000 for the year 2023, and there's more bad news involved.

The government quietly erased 439,000 jobs through November 2023, a closer look at the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows.

That means its initial jobs results were inflated by 439,000 positions, and the job market is not as healthy as the government suggests.

That's an average of about 40,000 jobs per month being erroneously claimed as "created." A couple of mistakes would be understandable, but this is clearly a systemic issue with how the numbers are gathered, and it cannot be assumed to be accidental at this point.

Entire markets shift based on the jobs numbers put out by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retirements go up and down, investments rise or fall, and companies sink or swim with the understanding that what is released is accurate. The numbers are not accurate, though, and that could severely complicate matters going forward. Never mind that this is yet another example of the Biden administration appearing to play politics with functions that aren't supposed to be political.

The other bad news is that because reporting on government job growth is more direct, the wiping out of 439,000 jobs from the numbers means a higher percentage of total job growth came from taxpayers shoveling out more cash for overpaid federal positions. Much of the nation's current GDP growth is bolstered by government spending as well.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/01/07/biden-administration-grossly-overreported-jobs-numbers-in-2023-and-theres-more-bad-news-n2168398
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I have a hunch that we’re going to find out a lot that were hidden or manipulated after Biden is out of office
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy