Author Topic: Chicago Dem Suggests City Totally Wouldn’t Have Become Migrant Sanctuary If They Actually Knew What  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Dem Suggests City Totally Wouldn’t Have Become Migrant Sanctuary If They Actually Knew What It Meant

BRIANNA LYMAN
NEWS AND COMMENTARY WRITER
January 04, 2024

Democratic Chicago Alderman Brian Hopkins said Thursday on Fox News that Chicago would not have become a sanctuary city had they known what it would entail.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has been sending migrants to “sanctuary cities” like New York City and Chicago, with Chicago authorities complaining Abbott’s program was causing “chaos.” Mayor Brandon Johnson previously passed an ordinance to impound and tow migrant buses that were violating new restrictions, which forced buses to drop migrants off at designated areas of the city.

Hopkins said the federal government has “dropped the ball.”

“We as a city, the municipal government of Chicago, are not equipped to handle this. We’ve never been equipped to handle this.”

Hopkins said the city asked the federal government last year to give funding and assistance amid the surge in migrants and that FEMA sent them off “empty-handed.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/04/chicago-democrat-alderman-sanctuary-city/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That means they would have had to rely on data and facts, two areas very, very foreign to democrats. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We've been telling them for years, but they have refused to listen.  They still aren't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: