Author Topic: Germany Discovers New Energy Pipelines to Replace Russian Gas Have Been Sabotaged  (Read 202 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany Discovers New Energy Pipelines to Replace Russian Gas Have Been Sabotaged

OLIVER JJ LANE5 Jan 2024372
2:30
The German Federal Prosecutor’s Office is investigating “suspicions of unconstitutional sabotage” after holes were discovered drilled into a new gas delivery pipe installed to overcome the country’s dependence on imported Russian hydrocarbons.

Germany believes a number of one-centimetre (approximately half, or 13/32ths of an inch) holes have been “drilled” into a new gas delivery pipeline delivering the energy source to Germany’s national grid, an act of what is believed to be sabotage discovered in November but made public now. The exact cause of the damage or motivation behind an attempt to sabotage Germany’s energy imports is not known, but the Schleswig-Holsteinische Zeitungsverlag reports Dutch-German energy company Gasunie has now confirmed the damage took place, and that they believe it was caused by “third-party intervention”.

23 March 2023, Schleswig-Holstein, Brunsbüttel: The floating LNG terminal “Hoegh Gannet” (l) is located in the Elbe port of Brunsbüttel. The Kiel Canal (NOK) can be seen in the background. Photo: Christian Charisius/dpa (Photo by Christian Charisius/picture alliance via Getty Images)

The 35-mile pipe is intended to deliver gas brought to Germany aboard LNG carriers, which is cooled to a liquid state for safe transit at sea and re-gassified once it reaches the shore of the customer nation and then piped ashore. In this case, a floating LNG terminal receives and regasified the LNG at Brunsbüttel on the river Elbe and sends it ashore, and it was this pipe carrying the gas towards the national grid which was allegedly drilled several times.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/01/05/germany-discovers-new-energy-pipelines-to-replace-russian-gas-have-been-sabotaged/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson