Author Topic: Raskin mocks Trump team's 'faith' in Brett Kavanaugh amid legal troubles  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Raskin mocks Trump team's 'faith' in Brett Kavanaugh amid legal troubles
by Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
January 06, 2024 04:19 PM

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) accused Donald Trump's legal team of having a "mobster's mentality" following the comments from one of the former president's lawyers.

Raskin appeared on The Last Word on Friday to react to the comments made by attorney Alina Habba. The day before, she predicted that Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh would help deliver a "slam dunk" in Trump's Colorado case. The court has agreed to review the state Supreme Court's ruling to remove Trump from the 2024 ballot.

“I think it should be a slam dunk in the Supreme Court,” Habba said at the time. “I have faith in them. You know, people like Kavanaugh, who the president fought for, who the president went through hell to get into place. He’ll step up. Those people will step up. Not because they’re pro-Trump, but because they’re pro-law, because they’re pro-fairness. And the law on this is very clear.”

“Well, this is the way that New York mobsters think about judges,” Raskin said in response to Habba's clip. “‘Yeah, we own that one. We own that one. Get in that court. That guy’s in our pocket.’ And for fascists and authoritarian parties and movements, the law is really not what you know, but it’s who you know. And it’s always better for them to know the judge than to know the law.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/courts/raskin-trump-teams-faith-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Raskin mocks Trump team's 'faith' in Brett Kavanaugh amid legal troubles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 01:10:14 am »
I wouldn't count on Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, or Barrett to deliver a slam dunk for Trump.  I would like to think that they will rule according to the Constitution, but there's no guarantee. Same goes for Roberts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.