Author Topic: $30 Million Wrongful Death Suit Over Jan. 6 Protester Ashli Babbitt’s Death Details Shooter Lt. Mich  (Read 543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
$30 Million Wrongful Death Suit Over Jan. 6 Protester Ashli Babbitt’s Death Details Shooter Lt. Michael Byrd’s Extensive History of and Incompetence and Misuse Involving Firearms
by Jordan Conradson Jan. 5, 2024 8:20 pm

A new historic wrongful death and negligence lawsuit on behalf of January 6, 2021, police-murder victim Ashli Babbitt’s estate details Officer Michael Byrd’s incompetence and multiple revocations of his firearm privileges for previous dangerous incidents.

The Gateway Pundit reported Friday, one day before the third anniversary of Jan. 6, that Judicial Watch filed a $30 million wrongful death suit against the federal government for the Capitol Police shooting of Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/30-million-wrongful-death-suit-jan-6-protester/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wish them every success!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
It'll go no where.  He's got sovereign immunity as a federal policeman.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Ashli Babbitt was an Air Force veteran who served our country for 12+ years and won awards for her service in Iraq.

Ashli Babbitt was 5-foot-2, weighed 115 pounds, and was unarmed.

Lt. Michael Byrd shot her in the face for the crime of trespassing despite the fact that armed cops were right behind her.

He faces 0 consequences for killing her.
1:52 PM · Jan 6, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ashli Babbitt's family sues U.S. government over her Jan. 6 shooting death

CBS News by Faris Tanyos

The family of a 35-year-old California woman who was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer during the Jan. 6 insurrection has filed a $30 million wrongful death lawsuit against the U.S. government.

Ashli Babbitt was shot and killed Jan. 6, 2021, while she tried to climb through a broken door into the Speaker's Lobby outside the House Chamber, as a mob of dozens of supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol while lawmakers were preparing to certify the results of the 2020 election. The shooting was captured on cell phone video. Babbitt later died at a hospital.

In the lawsuit, which was filed Friday in federal court in Southern California, Babbitt's family claimed that she was unarmed and had her hands in the air when she was shot once by Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd.

"Ashli posed no threat to the safety of anyone," the lawsuit states, going on to claim that she was "ambushed" by the officer.

The lawsuit also argued that Byrd was "not in uniform," "did not identify himself as a police officer" and did not issue a warning before opening fire.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/ashli-babbitts-family-sues-u-020558119.html

Online kevindavis007

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for her.  Maybe the family should have helped her before she got shot for breaking and entering.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mountaineer

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for her.  Maybe the family should have helped her before she got shot for breaking and entering.
That's not a crime punishable by death, you know.

Offline mountaineer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I previously thought you just ignorant but now see that you are completely contemptable and fully deserving of my scorn. @kevindavis007
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien